Is this s65 worth the price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm... Bradford. Good luck with that!

That interior is not for me either.

Value is a subjective issue on which only you can decide but in general terms, they aren't common models so command a higher purchase price accordingly - especially in excellent condition.

It's certainly in keeping with the other two S65s for sale on AT.

Bradford... lol didnt see that.

Would there be anything specific i should look out for. Dont think i will buy this specific one. Its the only cheapest one i have seen

It may be an AMG... but £26k for a 10 years old car is a lot... even with reasonable mileage and 1 previous owner. Was the S65 LWB that rare?

There are cheaper:

New & Used Cars for Sale - Auto Trader UK

Mechanically, I know the coil packs aren't cheap to replace and there are two (£800 each I think).

Front brakes were in the order of £2k to replace - so check they have some meat on them. Discs may well have been skimmed so don't rely on no lip!

Personally, if I was handing over 25 odd big ones for a 10 year old car, I'd be getting it inspected by an A game independent like MSLP.

They know these cars inside out and you will be able to use what you find to negotiate. They can probably measure disc thickness too!

Cheapest I found was 18500 silver on eBay, private seller decent description
With these service history, when abc was serviced, gear box, regular oil changes, less owners better
But s65 ..... boooooom enough said
Secret dream of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how common they are but i have only seen them around £80+ mark

It may be an AMG... but £26k for a 10 years old car is a lot... even with reasonable mileage and 1 previous owner. Was the S65 LWB that rare?

I personally think the price is too much - I would say more £15k > £20k is where they sit... and would need to be mint for £20k.

Cheapest I found was 18500 silver on eBay, private seller decent description
With these service history, when abc was serviced, gear box, regular oil changes, less owners better
But s65 ..... boooooom enough said
Secret dream of mine

I didnt think of ebay. Thanks.

Expensive new cars carry expensive bills when old.

I say that with experience having owned an S500 for nearly 4 years

I drive 53 s500l. Had it for 2 years now. Part replacement seems reasonable. Does mercedes change parts cost as vehicle gets older?

MOT expired 11 months ago ?

The picture setting looks familiar ,the backdrop has been used a few times and there have been questions asked as to the originality of previously listed vehicles IIRC.

Kenny

I drive 53 s500l. Had it for 2 years now. Part replacement seems reasonable. Does mercedes change parts cost as vehicle gets older?
Not really, but it’s fair to say a car such as the S65 will have some V12 and AMG specific parts not shared with many other models that will be far more expensive and not easy to source elsewhere (ie aftermarket)

How much are new turbos on the V12, are some of the ABC parts AMG-specific etc? Coil packs have been mentioned already (there’s a thread on here somewhere) - current V12 Biturbo member was quoted circa £4K for a pair.

That’s pretty much why they’re such good value to buy, because once out of warranty there’s a fair bit of expensive stuff that can go wrong.

That particular car has been for sale for ages though. I’ve never bought a car from Bradford but I’d probably not be looking on Gumtree for an S65 either!

Car has no MOT for almost a year also?

Oh man, the description. I ain't got time for that jibba jabba!

mr.t.jpg

Expensive new cars carry expensive bills when old.

I say that with experience having owned an S500 for nearly 4 years

I only drive S classes and totally disagree with you

MOT expired 11 months ago ?

The picture setting looks familiar ,the backdrop has been used a few times and there have been questions asked as to the originality of previously listed vehicles IIRC.

Kenny

thanks

Not really, but it’s fair to say a car such as the S65 will have some V12 and AMG specific parts not shared with many other models that will be far more expensive and not easy to source elsewhere (ie aftermarket)

How much are new turbos on the V12, are some of the ABC parts AMG-specific etc? Coil packs have been mentioned already (there’s a thread on here somewhere) - current V12 Biturbo member was quoted circa £4K for a pair.

That’s pretty much why they’re such good value to buy, because once out of warranty there’s a fair bit of expensive stuff that can go wrong.

That particular car has been for sale for ages though. I’ve never bought a car from Bradford but I’d probably not be looking on Gumtree for an S65 either!

Car has no MOT for almost a year also?

will keep that in mind. didn't think of that. come to think of it my electric seat motor is unavailable for my s500 from mercedes.

Struggle to imagine that it can sell at that price. It's a curious combination of AMG and limousine.

A friend bought a 2008 S600 last year, with half the mileage, tasteful bodywork and full nappa leather interior, one owner, immaculate with full MB history, albeit a couple of missing stamps that he was able to confirm by contacting the MB dealership. Paid £18k, from memory. Which seemed a fair price for a one owner car with only 40k on the clock (and recently renewed coil packs)

But it's a different proposition to be driving an ultra powerful, ultra silent and smooth Bentley-Beater like the S600, than to be hooning down the M4 in an AMG S600.

fullsizeoutput_27f2-1080x675.jpeg

Bradford... lol didnt see that.

Would there be anything specific i should look out for.

The locals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom