Is This The DIRTIEST Air Filter In The World? E-Class 2009 E 320 CDi V6 W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , my car covers only 3000 miles between MOT tests so in reality all service parts are time related to change.

I have a Mercedes service plan )

I did change the rear diff oil at the same time the gearbox oil changed. ( Different garage ) plus the fan belt at 40000 miles ( cannot remember the correct name ) age thing !

You've been a great help to me Wighty, as have so many of the other posters, it's well appreciated, if it wasn't for the folk on this forum I would have been none the wiser :thumb:

I have removed the blanking cap and inserted some steel mesh until I get hold of the proper part. The car is now running even better than it was before. It's funny to think that for all these years this car has probably been running with a restricted airflow!

View attachment 104225
Cant you just drill holes into the blanking plate and refit - this gives you a grill at no extra cost ;)

Cant you just drill holes into the blanking plate and refit - this gives you a grill at no extra cost ;)
As this is a 2020 thread and the OP hasn't been seen since then, I very much doubt that he will see your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom