Is this the lowest mileage 124 for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Likely he's only selling the car on the owners behalf and get his share once sold

Charles owns all his stock outright as far as I know, he doesn't like consignment.

Charles owns all his stock outright as far as I know, he doesn't like consignment.

He might do but a few months ago he was selling a 500e that was not his

No, but I just don't think that's the most legitimate way to make a profit.

That could apply to anything you buy, as everything has a mark up, otherwise no business would make any money. I'm sure that your average pint of milk down at Tescos has a very healthy mark up on it!

Bear in mind that somebody like Ironside has a business to run which will incur costs, such as rent, rates, business insurance, staff costs, prepping the car for sale, MOT, a warranty to go with the car and then VAT on the profit to pay to HMRC etc etc

I don't see the problem....infact good luck to him and I hope he makes a big fat profit

But what has he done to the car to increase its value by a few thousand?

He does not need to do anything to it,if he can sell it for a huge profit than good for him
Not cars but I've bought items on eBay do nothing to them and sell them for three times what I paid for
Does that make me a Crook?!!

He does not need to do anything to it,if he can sell it for a huge profit than good for him
Not cars but I've bought items on eBay do nothing to them and sell them for three times what I paid for
Does that make me a Crook?!!

No just savvy and market aware.

As other's have said he may not have done anything to increase it's value but he's taken on the risk. As others have said, it's a business he's operating and most businesses try to buy something at a lower price than to which they sell.

It could be called as profiteering but I don't see the issue. What is questionable (in my view) would be if a forum member were to buy a car cheap of another member f(or example from the classifieds) and then re-sell it soon after at a much higher price to another member.

As other's have said he may not have done anything to increase it's value but he's taken on the risk. As others have said, it's a business he's operating and most businesses try to buy something at a lower price than to which they sell.

It could be called as profiteering but I don't see the issue. What is questionable (in my view) would be if a forum member were to buy a car cheap of another member f(or example from the classifieds) and then re-sell it soon after at a much higher price to another member.

i agree with your first paragraph but stuggle with your 2nd

car dealers come in all shapes and sizes, some sell from fancy garages, some use there house, i have no problem with people buying and selling any car as long as it NOT mis-sold, ie made out to be something is not, if someone can buy something and sell it on for more, good luck to them, i have no problem with how or when they bought it, its just what some people do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom