Is this too much moneyfor a dent removal!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blueserenity777

Car
Kleemann C-class
:(I am in a big doo doo..I have a dent on my drivers side rear door..The dent is about one inch away from the gap between the 2 doors.. running down about 5 inches..cause is another car parked next to me opening their passenger door at asda with so much force..as always they vanished before i returned to my car to the horror in sight..
I thought MB could use their out-sourced dent removal guy to do the job..he has done wonders on minor dinks on my car..but said this is a bodyshop job bec of it being at the corner between the inner and outer skin..
So went to the MB approved bodyshop to get a quote..480pounds..material and paint is about 163 and the rest is labour..involves removing all the trim for both doors and popping out the dent,filler,spray and blending in between the 2 doors..he mentioned about 38pounds/hr rate..

I am new to this territory..so have no idea if this is reasonable..I want a first class job as i basically want it looking like it did before the dent and not some spray over look visible from the sides..

PLEASE HELP !!..:(:(:(:(

sounds a little heavy.. around £300 would be more reasonable.. have you been to any local bodyshops?

that is my next plan but what is the deal with obsidian black paint..will any local bodyshops be able to get this paint and to same quality finish if i am assuming MB approved are meant to have..
I felt like crying when he told me the quote..

If you do get it done from a bodyshop, keep all reciepts etc incase you have a future rust claim.

MB wont touch my rust as its some of the car has had a respray in its life and I have no idea who/where did it.

:rolleyes:at present,there is no crack in paint and i could go on living with the dent for years..but i am hoping the nanotech paint to be strong enough..if the dent was only about 2 more inchs inwards, dent guy said he could get it out with a trace..

i wonder what is the finest small roller they use to massage out..thinking of maybe getting MB to remove all trim from the door and to give the dent removal guy a good clear view inwards to get this dent massaged out..even paying slightly more for a slow process might be my solution..keeps factory paint intact.
what do you think..is there a dent removal guy out there able to do this master class dent removal..

Given what you have had as a quote I'm guessing my wifes dint is going to cost a fair bit. Sickening when its not even your fault.

I will try and take hers tomorrow for a quote

Seems very expensive - if it's being painted then surprised they don't pull it out from the outside, fill the hole and paint it.

Obsidian black is easily made up by paint supplyer.

Seems very expensive - if it's being painted then surprised they don't pull it out from the outside, fill the hole and paint it.

Obsidian black is easily made up by paint supplyer.

he did say something of welding some spots either side of the dent and pulling out it out to make it level with the body..then removing this weld,filling, sanding down, then spray the coats and then clear a few times and in between do sanding again to get it smooth..

just hate this..I come from malaysia, dont hear this sorts of things bec the cars are so expensive..so everyone looks after their own and dont get anyone having disregard for other cars when they are more concerned not to damage their own cars..my mum's 1984 BMW 320i..is 25yrs old,still with original paintwork and not a dent on it.. but in the UK, i have now become the supermarket dent victim after being so so so careful to park at the end somewhere..

PM The Dent Guy on here for an opinion.

If you go to the MB approved agent it will be very very expensive and that is a fact.

Due to the problems I had with MB approved workmanship on warranty repairs as a good will gesture they gave me a quote to blow my bonnet over to get rid of a few stone chips and offered it to me at cost price......£650 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Take it somewhere else if you want to get it done at less than half the their quote, but pick a bodyshop by recommendation if you can. There are loads of even insurance approved bodyshops and there the quality of workmanship varies considerably.

One thing to note though, if a non MB approved garage does the job, you may find that your corrosion warranty on that panel may be null and void.

If you go to the MB approved agent it will be very very expensive and that is a fact.

Due to the problems I had with MB approved workmanship on warranty repairs as a good will gesture they gave me a quote to blow my bonnet over to get rid of a few stone chips and offered it to me at cost price......£650 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Take it somewhere else if you want to get it done at less than half the their quote, but pick a bodyshop by recommendation if you can. There are loads of even insurance approved bodyshops and there the quality of workmanship varies considerably.

One thing to note though, if a non MB approved garage does the job, you may find that your corrosion warranty on that panel may be null and void.
I have a contact at MB brighton..MB here have a few alternatives..I will go there as independent..they do porsche's,bentleys,etc..see what they say..but let me get some photos done and attach here for you guys to see if it is a bad dent..

that is my next plan but what is the deal with obsidian black paint..will any local bodyshops be able to get this paint and to same quality finish if i am assuming MB approved are meant to have..
I felt like crying when he told me the quote..

They all use similar paint.

The MB approved bodyshop may well use the same paint supplier as the local bodyshops.

:rolleyes:at present,there is no crack in paint and i could go on living with the dent for years..but i am hoping the nanotech paint to be strong enough..if the dent was only about 2 more inchs inwards, dent guy said he could get it out with a trace..

I assume you have a W203?

W203 are built from very thin high tensile steel, hense they do dent easily, and in awkward places no dent man can reach...

I had a brand-new Pegueot 406 Exec in 1998 in a beautiful metallic blue that someone dented in the middle of the drivers door within a month of me getting it, and that cost £300 even then (at a "proper" place, did a great job).

3406748227_2b736d0282.jpg

3406746853_dbddabc294.jpg

There is no way that inner panels need removing to sort this one out. Dent should be pulled from outside then filled, sanded, painted etc etc etc.
I suspect MB are taking the rise here.

That is what i thought..I do agree they have to remove the door bumper and the window trim at most..why is there a need to remove all the inner trim,glass,etc..
waiting for the 2nd quote to come in and see how far off these 2 are..

anyone know of a good bodyshop around brighton region plus 30mile radius..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom