Is this what I can expect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OGiii

Car
W211 E200 K - they don't make em like they used to, which is why it's been replaced with a 911 :)
When I ordered my first Merc a couple of months ago, one of the things I was looking forward to was a bit of quality service for a change.

Reading the experiences of some of you guys and now my first hand experience leaves me feeling deflated.......

A month ago I entered the MB world by buying the missus a W202. Wanting a touch up brush for it I called the nearest dealer - Portmans Manchester, they didn't have one in (not surprising because it's Lapis Blue) but they'd order it. Couple of weeks later nothing so had a drive up there and it's gone, Portman's is no longer - why take the order, why not just tell me to go elsewhere?!?

So, putting it down to the fact that they couldn't give a f*** because of their impending demise I phoned the new Manchester Central and ordered it with them. "It'll be in on Friday" says Mr Partsman, so hearing nothing, I leave it an extra week to be sure and have just phoned them now. Nothing here says he, can you give me the VIN again and I'll re-order it.

This is a pain in the ar$e and it's for nothing, just a sodding touch up brush, I thought Volvo Stockport gave crap service........ What have I let myself in for?

Last edited:
Mate, most MB dealers really dont care. There are a few that do, so build a good relationship and youll be ok.

Im now on first name terms with all the guys in the parts department in MB Tamworth, they are helpful and even when i think im pushing my luck for some cheap little clip or something, they still bend over backwards...
Im all the way in london most the time, but they USUALLY post me my parts on time and dont give me hassle. Even with them, they occasionaly forget to post, but then theyre only human.

Just give them a call on the day its supposed to come in, they need chasing...

Do not live in the hope they will call YOU, No way, its as if they are paying out of there own pocket for the calls! Kepp on top of them, i know it shouldnt be like that..but thats the way it is, and i warn anyone buying a merc of this.

Myself & Shude get on ok with the parts guys at Whitefield Mercedes , Manchester.

They are really helpful - they seem overworked & underpaid but Andy & Mike do seem to make the effort to ensure Customer satisfaction .

I'd recommend them.

Originally posted by steve_bcs
Myself & Shude get on ok with the parts guys at Whitefield Mercedes , Manchester.

They are really helpful - they seem overworked & underpaid but Andy & Mike do seem to make the effort to ensure Customer satisfaction .

I'd recommend them.
I was about to say that myself :D

I've only ever spoken with Whitefield, and Monarch in Tamworth, both have excellent people there and because of that I thought all stealerships were good. One of the parts guys at Monarch even sent some free licence plate holders to Koolvin, how cool is that?

I must admit Jay that I was looking forward to some improved service for once. I've had bad main-dealer sevice for the last 15 years and hoped it would change moving to Merc.

Shude, Steve - thanks guys. Looks like I'll call Whitefield on Monday when I've got the VIN number to hand.

Cheers
OG

I never usually have problems from my dealers when ordering parts, if they haven't got it in stock its ordered and delivered with 48hrs on ocasions they even ring to tell me its in stock.

Again I can only go by my experience of MY dealership, and have nothing but praise for Agnews, Belfast. Left me car in for a defective rear n/s speaker replacement and told the receptionist I had to get to the nearby hospital (a simple half mile away - RVH if anyone knows it lol cuz my daughter had an appointment) and they called a taxi for me. Seriously! .....and they paid the bill! When I booked the car in originally I told them I didnt need a replacement car - so it speaks volumes for their customer care when they insisted I take a taxi!!! Like I said before, they have a "Saturday Club" where you appear at the stealership on saturday morning and they will treat you to coffee and buns, newspapers, etc etc whilst they valet your car FOR FREE!!!!

I wish the MB London, City dealership was like the Belfast one.

I bought my car (an ex-demo) three months ago and I'm still waiting for the car manual, the service book, copy of the pre-sale check sheet and the mileage confirmation certificate. I took delivery of the car because they promised all of these would be with me in two weeks. Every time I call to follow up I'm forced to leave a message and they rarely ring back. I've also written a letter to the Sales and Branch Manager but that wasn't even replied to / acknowledged. Not sure what to do next.

Although the dealership service hasn't been good I think the car is great. Only thing I would change is the light steering.

Originally posted by Shude
I was about to say that myself :D

I've only ever spoken with Whitefield, and Monarch in Tamworth, both have excellent people there and because of that I thought all stealerships were good. One of the parts guys at Monarch even sent some free licence plate holders to Koolvin, how cool is that?

Shude

By licence plate holders do you mean the plastic surround type? If so do they still do them? I need to buy some new ones as my front one is cracked and I have not seen any dealership in the UK that does them.

Regards

Tan

Originally posted by Tan
By licence plate holders do you mean the plastic surround type? If so do they still do them? I need to buy some new ones as my front one is cracked and I have not seen any dealership in the UK that does them.
I mean the black plastic frame that you screw to the bodywork so you can attach the plates with sticky tabs. Monarch are the only dealership I have found that fit those things "as standard", everywhere else has told me they don't know what I'm talking about.

Monarch have vanished from the "retail network" but these guys look like the same place:

Mercedes-Benz Tamworth

Tel: 01827 284284

I was going to say my car came with those black plastic surround's but then it came from Mercedes Tamworth! They do look better with them on.

I've seen those black plastic surrounds for sale on ebay about 3 weeks ago... can't remember who was selling them.

Guys, any ideas?

Originally posted by gklau
I've seen those black plastic surrounds for sale on ebay about 3 weeks ago... can't remember who was selling them.
Last time I checked MB Tamworth were giving them away if you're there in person, if not then they just charge shipping. I doubt you'll get that kind of price from ebay :)

Mercedes of Blackpool are, for me top quality. Always helpfull and always phone me when the parts I have ordered are in stock. Its not as if I can afford to purchase a new car either, both mine are 15 years old. Are they living in hope that when I win the lottery I will place an order for an SL55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom