is this why women drivers get stick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
My wife took my insignia to the vets (to deliver 2 rabbits for treatment not a sick car) and phoned me to say that my car would not start. I went through put the key in and depress the clutch and turn it over only to get a load of abuse "I know how to fxxking drive you idiot".

The vets is 4 miles away and I was hurrying to get ready and out to a meeting and awaiting my car return.

I jumped in her car went to the vets through rush hour and started the car the first attempt.

"I didnt know you had to push the bloody clutch to start it did I ".

She must have done that to get it to go at our house and she has driven it hundreds of times.

She has never been the same at driving since I bought her a automatic Mercedes recently.

gh3382

So in essence by making her life more convenient with the automatic, you have made it more complicated by giving her bad habits in not being able to adapt to driving other cars. A cunning plan :D

My other half passed in a manual (eventually after many attempts). She is actually a reasonable driver but suffered terribly from "exam nerves". I had the complete opposite experience. She was nervous at first, but took to the automatic very quickly and managed to adapt to the size of the w124 estate (after a few scuffs and scrapes)(and a petrol in diesel incident). She would not be parted from her car now. It has a "name" and is thanked and stroked at the end of every journey. The entire process cost me several legs and arms but she is "happy" now and mobile. We're now working on the concept of parking tickets and PCN's (in Russia these things don't exist)(and she doesn't want to read the signs)...

She has never been the same at driving since I bought her a automatic Mercedes recently.

gh3382

That is where your problem lies.

Fear not I have numerous options available for you.

Option 1: Trade in car
Option 2: Trade in wife.
Option 3. Trade in car and wife.
Option 4. Rabbit Stew anybody ?

50/50, phone a friend, ask MB members ?????

Problem solved. :thumb:

Option 1: Trade in car
Option 2: Trade in wife.
Option 3. Trade in car and wife.
Option 4. Rabbit Stew anybody ?

I have just told my 14 yr old daughter the options and she now needs serious therapy.

However option 3 sounds good as long as child goes as well with rabbits.

MB members please feel free to vote

Gh3382

However option 3 sounds good as long as child goes as well with rabbits.

Gh3382

Sorry but child stays - not an option.

Plus it has to be option 4 for the rabbits.

Nice try. :thumb:

I have an inkling that there is an on screen message on the Insignia to push clutch in if you try and start without?!

My Golf displays the word clutch but of course you have to look at the screen.

As for the "poll" is there an option for car, wife, kids, rabbits and everything else??

On the dials of the Insignia there is a little foot with a pedal but when I asked her about that on the phone is when I got a torrent of verbal abuse and was told that she knew how to drive.

Such is life

Gh3382

On the dials of the Insignia there is a little foot with a pedal but when I asked her about that on the phone is when I got a torrent of verbal abuse and was told that she knew how to drive.

Such is life

Gh3382

All women "know how to drive", my gf knew how to drive when she tried to reverse the s124 into the bins.;)

My wife took my insignia to the vets (to deliver 2 rabbits for treatment not a sick car) and phoned me to say that my car would not start. I went through put the key in and depress the clutch and turn it over only to get a load of abuse "I know how to fxxking drive you idiot".

The vets is 4 miles away and I was hurrying to get ready and out to a meeting and awaiting my car return.

I jumped in her car went to the vets through rush hour and started the car the first attempt.

"I didnt know you had to push the bloody clutch to start it did I ".

She must have done that to get it to go at our house and she has driven it hundreds of times.

gh3382

And don't forget that, even after all this, it was YOU who was in the wrong.

Never forget that. :crazy:

I went through put the key in and depress the clutch ...

Is this common an manual cars now? As someone else mentions, VW Golf which recently came into our family fleet needs the clutch depressed to start.

I think most blokes probably depress it anyway whereas women tend to waggle to stick and make sure it's in neutral. I think that's a good thing as I can imagine my missus forgetting the car's in gear and just taking her foot off the clutch and putting the car through the garage door.

whereas women tend to waggle to stick
she has never waggled my gear stick in my Insignia.

She tried it once in Tigra many years ago and we never got the foot indents out of the roof lining.

Gh3382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom