Is 'V8 AMG snobbery' a "thing"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only definitive and quickest way of proving what is an AMG and what isn’t, Is putting the VIN of said car into the Mercedes AMG private lounge website, and see how far one gets to create an account and become a member

When one of those silly arguments arise, I usually post the link to sign up and just tell everyone to try and sign up!

The only definitive and quickest way of proving what is an AMG and what isn’t, Is putting the VIN of said car into the Mercedes AMG private lounge website, and see how far one gets to create an account and become a member

When one of those silly arguments arise, I usually post the link to sign up and just tell everyone to try and sign up!
I thought that earlier

Have done that and got to the part where I need to enter the vin no., keep forgetting to get the Log book out or look at the windscreen! :rolleyes:

What's the AMG private lounge like?

....... hanging out of its **** and will kill you.
Probably.......unless you are a competent driver & expecting it..... :)

Slightly gone off topic now with the AMG side of things but to me, an AMG is whatever Mercedes decide it is (not including AMG Line and whilst my car is an AMG Line trim, it most certainly is not an AMG).

I'm not interested in what the purists think because they still start cars with crank handles or feed the horses the pull them along.

As for engines, V8s are my preferred engine but whilst I jest about some AMGs not having enough cylinders, in reality I am happy with Mercedes choosing the most appropriate engine for the car they made.

It's not a snobbery thing for me - just that V8s sound the best to my ears!

Lorinser used to do some pretty serious conversions bitd, pity Mercedes did not buy them and use that name instead of Amg-line. Dilutes the brand.

I wonder if the BMW forums have as much fun arguing over which model should have an M Sport badge ?
I bet its just the same:D

I wonder if the BMW forums have as much fun arguing over which model should have an M Sport badge ?
I bet its just the same:D

They certainly used to in the early noughties.

I agree with you - however they have watered brand down. AMG used to be a bit exclusive and something that came out of touring car racing etc. Sadly like their other models every Tom, **** & Harry has one these days.
The majority of the 204 C63 model have become a complete chav wagon as is the previous A45. I see nobody but drug dealers in them these days.

Lorinser is to Mercedes as Alpina is to BMW. Independent, and a lot different. But more of what the discerning individual customer wants.

Lorinser is to Mercedes as Alpina is to BMW. Independent, and a lot different. But more of what the discerning individual customer wants.
Saw a 190e a few years back that had a full interior retrim by Lorinser. Electric Recaro Classic C seats. Very high end conversions bitd.

I guess Porsche Pedants have these problems as well. The only real Porsche has an aircooled n/a flat six hanging out of its **** and will kill you.

I heard the owner of a 930 Turbo describe it as "The only time it's not actively trying to kill me is when it's parked in the garage. Then it's just actively plotting how it's going to kill me" 🤣

I feel like I've opened Pandora's Box!

I would gladly take any of the 43/45 AMG.

I would opt for an A45 AMG as a 3dr hatchback not 5dr in a heart beat. I would also gladly choose a C43 AMG should it have had the girth of a C63 more so for the 4matic.

At the end of the day i buy a car for myself not for others. If i got upset about every comment made by others on forums or in person i would be taking the bus.

What's the AMG private lounge like?
Quiet, really, really quiet. Like many web forums, most of the posts come from a minority of memberS, although moderators have tried to encourage more people to post.

It lacks atmosphere and that’s the most stark contrast to MBClub. MBClub is a very broad church - and the lack of model-specific sub-forums is the secret to MBclub’s success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom