Is 'V8 AMG snobbery' a "thing"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't see how dumping your wife for a younger model and carrying on taking fund management charges after the fund was suspended makes him a 'nice guy' but he was good at what he did for the vast majority of his career. Shame it ended like it did.

I don't see how dumping your wife for a younger model and carrying on taking fund management charges after the fund was suspended makes him a 'nice guy' but he was good at what he did for the vast majority of his career. Shame it ended like it did.
It doesn't...but he was before all the crap.

That's the point...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...then it's not safe. I was in financial services for more than 30 years and this manna from heaven was always sour milk.

Nothing is safe, including riding around in an AMG!
Financial management is about managed risk based on investment goals. Even leaving your money as "cash" is risky given 0% base and 2% inflation.
No such thing as risk-free anything.

Financial management is about managed risk based on investment goals. Even leaving your money as "cash" is risky given 0% base and 2% inflation.
Are you a qualified financial adviser?

And no knowledge is required? Or is it...and the lack of such is the greater risk?

I will never take finance because the salesman tells me to keep my cash and use theirs as I can earn more on mine than it costs to borrow because it's bollox and I won't be taking investment advice from a car salesman no matter how many buy to lets he has.
You’ve got to love a trier though..! 😂 😂 😂 😂

Inflation is different for different people, in June the government reported inflation rate was 0.8% so a 1-1.5% savings rate beats inflation at the moment with no risk.

Inflation is different for different people, in June the government reported inflation rate was 0.8% so a 1-1.5% savings rate beats inflation at the moment with no risk.
But Iggu can get 10% with any risk hidden behind woolly words.
He should be listened to.

And no knowledge is required? Or is it...and the lack of such is the greater risk?

"No knowledge". Mmm. You definitely need knowledge of financial markets to make money on the financial markets.

But Iggu can get 10% with any risk hidden behind woolly words.
He should be listened to.

Do not understand this post. Risk is hidden behind words? How is that achieved? Risk is a real thing - it can't be avoided and nor would I want to avoid it as that is where returns can be found.

😴
Gents, can we please get back to the topic of cars and V8 snobbery !

Good one.
I think there is some V8 snobbery but it is ill-informed snobbery with no basis in history or the future. Whoever made the point earlier about the 190E was spot on, also the posts about V12s are spot on. There is also some certain snobbery on here for w204 (the "pure" V8) versus the w205 (the "impure" turbo'd V8) which is just as baseless as the w205 is the better car.

So, who advises your clients on matters of investment?

I thought we had to move on from this? You still clinging on? I run an investment fund. Nothing major. Medium 6 figures, average pa return over the last 4 years 12.7%. Started the fund in 2015 and growth is 433% since then. Nothing fancy, just basic value investing with a slant towards tech and a 15% max exposure towards shorts and currency pairs.

It would be a pretty punk petrolhead who didn't know a 63 was an AMG, but why so coy? Do you live in a high car crime rate area? I don't go around shouting that I have an AMG, but if somebody asks, I'll tell them.

I thought we had to move on from this? You still clinging on? I run an investment fund. Nothing major. Medium 6 figures, average pa return over the last 4 years 12.7%. Started the fund in 2015 and growth is 433% since then. Nothing fancy, just basic value investing with a slant towards tech and a 15% max exposure towards shorts and currency pairs.
Must be a regulatory nightmare for a cottage industry?

Must be a regulatory nightmare for a cottage industry?

Not as much of a nightmare as trying to get you to stay on topic.
I'm managing family money. Regulation.... sigh. You got any views on V8 snobbery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom