Is VITO desarible vehicle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Its more often that drivers prefer to choose VAN with "car character" like Traveliner or Dualiner. Many times I see them with extra side bars and chrome add-ons.

Is it VITO good choise for daily driver or is it good only as Taxi or working van? What is yours point of view to this new "style" for vans being MPV`s.

Would you prefer going for Merc Vito or other similar vehicle?

It is a van.

/END

If you need 8 / 9 seats it is a great choice.. or crazy amounts of luggage...

if you need 5 or 6 then there are plenty of better options for the "driver"

The Viano is sold by M-B as a 'car' (MPV) ... there are many on the roads. Physically it's the same vehicle as the Vito - the only differences are interior trim/seating and some tiny external cosmetic differences.

The Vito Traveliner is a 'downmarket' Viano, for the minibus market.

The Vito Dualiner only has two rows of seats (total 5 or 6).

IMO - any of the above with a V6 engine, auto gearbox, and parking sensors is quite reasonable as a daily driver if you need the interior space. It's a big vehicle so fuel economy is not brilliant (ours will do 30 mpg on a long motorway run, 25 is more normal). But it's fast, refined, comfortable, and handles well. We take ours to the south of Germany and back with 2 adults, 3 kids and 3 dogs on board at least once a year and it's a pleasant place to be.

The 4 cylinder engines (which, like the V6, are common to many other M-B vehicles) are less refined and obviously less powerful.

It depends if you like rust.

The Viano is sold by M-B as a 'car' (MPV) ... there are many on the roads. Physically it's the same vehicle as the Vito - the only differences are interior trim/seating and some tiny external cosmetic differences.

The Vito Traveliner is a 'downmarket' Viano, for the minibus market.

The Vito Dualiner only has two rows of seats (total 5 or 6).

IMO - any of the above with a V6 engine, auto gearbox, and parking sensors is quite reasonable as a daily driver if you need the interior space. It's a big vehicle so fuel economy is not brilliant (ours will do 30 mpg on a long motorway run, 25 is more normal). But it's fast, refined, comfortable, and handles well. We take ours to the south of Germany and back with 2 adults, 3 kids and 3 dogs on board at least once a year and it's a pleasant place to be.

The 4 cylinder engines (which, like the V6, are common to many other M-B vehicles) are less refined and obviously less powerful.

Fight!!!!!

Its more often that drivers prefer to choose VAN with "car character" like Traveliner or Dualiner. Many times I see them with extra side bars and chrome add-ons.

Is it VITO good choise for daily driver or is it good only as Taxi or working van? What is yours point of view to this new "style" for vans being MPV`s.

Would you prefer going for Merc Vito or other similar vehicle?

I drove a Merc Vito to Alicante in Spain 10 years ago. There were two of us driving with 4 kids between us. We only stopped for fuel. Yes it was very comfortable for 28 hrs. Yes it drunk fuel. At the end of the day though it was just like driving a Transit with windows and comfortable seats.

nick - what about new models -they are better now.

btb500 - I know those diffrences, but I just want to know drivers point of view.

btb500 - I know those diffrences, but I just want to know drivers point of view.

Why don't you hire one for the day ?

Are you thinking of buying a newish Vito traveliner?

Have you driven one yourself?

Are you thinking of buying a newish Vito traveliner?

Have you driven one yourself?

I know them very well. I work for Mercedes in Parts and we use them on daily basis. The reason why I ask for this (I guess there is no way not to say about this) is I want to be a salesman and I want to know how drivers see those vehicles so I could possibly use this if I get this job.

I got great passion for Mercedes and this does help to talk/sell or work for Mercedes cars. But here we are talking about commercial vehicle which on some occasions pretend to be a car.

I do like them myself for space, simplicty and relability (those are my opinions) and I would love to drive well speced Traveliner on daily basis but how other Merc drivers persive this type of vehicle. MPV or VAN?

Pros - cons??

Definitely a van.

Back home my parents bought one as a second car for family outings with the grand kids. While they managed to pimp up the insides with nice seats it still feels like a van. Not luxurious at all compared to a Toyota alphard or similar (not available in UK). In ours the mid doors have a button for opening and closing but you can still tell the van like thump hen its shut.

I drove it from Singapore to Penang, Malaysia and back. It wasn't bad but quite a few fuel stops. I'm sure you'll be able to get used to driving it.

Yup its a van. Usually bought for its van like capacity. 2.2 Turbo engine, manual, is a hoot, drags the old thing along very nicely.

I have been told that one model is built on the van line and one is built or at least fitted out on a "car" line. I think its the one with the fancy leather seats (Ambience) and electric slide doors that runs down the car line. Its a different factory too. I'm sure SPX will know if this is true or not. Would I have one instead of my 124, 7 seater estate - sure but they would have to come way down in price yet.

I think you could only sell a Vito to someone who knows what they want as if price was the major factor it would send them straight into the clutches of Ze French. Ford do a very good Galaxy though.

I have a colleague who bought a new Vito van ( he plays in a band so has ran vans for the last few years instead of a car ) and says it is the best van he has ever owned . I guess it is a couple of years old now , but apart from a couple of very minor dents picked up in car parks , it still looks brand new . I have never driven it , but having passengered in it a fair bit, I know it goes decently and he claims to get 40mpg out of it .

The MPV versions are certainly quite popular as taxis around Glasgow , especially for airport transfers , as hotel minibuses etc . I guess if a good conversion was done , the LWB version would make a good camper van ?

The B class is a little more car like ( a van version of that or the A class might be a good idea since MB do not have a small van at present ) .

I know them very well. I work for Mercedes in Parts and we use them on daily basis. The reason why I ask for this (I guess there is no way not to say about this) is I want to be a salesman and I want to know how drivers see those vehicles so I could possibly use this if I get this job.

I got great passion for Mercedes and this does help to talk/sell or work for Mercedes cars. But here we are talking about commercial vehicle which on some occasions pretend to be a car.

I do like them myself for space, simplicty and relability (those are my opinions) and I would love to drive well speced Traveliner on daily basis but how other Merc drivers persive this type of vehicle. MPV or VAN?

Pros - cons??

OK my view. People view the Traveliner as a minibus (not a van or MPV). I think 99% of them would be bought by commercial users - anyone else would get a Viano instead.

The Dualiner is a bit different - I think quite a few of those are bought by private individuals to use as genuine 'multi purpose vehicles'. Essentially it's an estate car with a huge boot area which you can use for transporting things like mountain bikes etc. (or in our case, dogs). Even with the rear of ours caged out for the dogs it's very versatile - I brought nearly a tonne of floor tiles home from Wickes, simply by flipping the centre row seats up. Similarly I've taken an old dishwasher and built-in oven/grill to the tip without having to remove the middle row seating (and yes the Vito fits under the height barrier there, as it goes into multi-storey car parks OK).

And as commented, particularly with the V6 engine and auto gearbox it's really very nice to drive (and surprisingly quick).

I don't class my dualiner as a van.

As BTB says, it is more a dual purpose vehicle and apart from a little rust on the tailgate in the chrome trim area and a blocked DPF (this can happen to make of deisel vehicle) I'm very satisfied with my Vito. As already mentioned, the 120 V6CDI is a very capable performer.

That said, my experience with the Mercedes-Benz anti-corrosion warranty has been a bitter one. :mad:

Ringway... would you buy one, one more time?

Last edited:
What others see bad things compared to other manufactures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom