Is worth to buy C350e - will you buy again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys

Tomorrow I am going to test car and possibly buy it....

What I shut to check?

First oil and cold start of course if chain rattle...

After body and CAR equipment state and if working OK .

If all OK I will read complete car for DTC by Delphi and Launch diagnostic.

If all OK I will try:

will try give charge full and try only electric range. Expecting 10mls at least .... haha

I will focus mainly from electric to combustion change of drive.

What else ??? Please

Good luck. And "may your God go with you." (Old Dave Allen comment)

In general, it's always worth trying / driving three cars to choose the best example.

That's nothing to do with the whole PHEV thing, it's just about making sure that a) you're happy with the concept of the thing, whether its an A140 or an S65, and b) whether it's a good example of what you're looking for.

Looking at adverts is fun, but it's no substitute for seeing the cars. The example I'd quote is looking at SL500's, or, to a lesser extent, 911's. There's huge variation out there, depending on whether they've been parked in the street and maintained on a budget,, or whether they've lived a pampered sheltered life.

Cross fingers. Hope it all goes well.

;) sorry mobile web here is rubbish give all time apostrophe when you writing...
thank you BOSS @MikeInWimbledon
But for all of you I will keep you update
BTW going garage see at V12 garage Witham

Last edited:
I will keep you update what new tommorow
Still have guts my old lady A7 will keep me drive for some Friday HaHa

Last edited:
Sorry for divided post but mobile web always let me down now all mods by laptop - not drunk yet HAHA

Last edited:
Hi Urgi. Best of luck with the test drive… Only thing I’d add to the comments above is to make sure you test the sunroof if fitted - apparently these gan cave issues with the mechanism if unused for long periods.
Worth bearing in mind that the range you will get on electric during a test drive wont reflect real life - the dealer will likely not have pre-conditioned the battery, and with the cold weather, you may only get 5-6 miles.

Good luck; it sounds as though it could well turn out to be a pretty expensive mistake.

Thank you all

I am back and keeping for now my A7 ;) if I will look for another MB car have to be AMG style pack

What was wrong:

Bonnet opener broken
Engine bay dirty
Interior seat - worn out fake leather
Exterior some small damages now and there
Car paint was dark blue instead light shine what I expected
Skipped Gearbox service on 75K - not done at all but drive OK switch between modes electric/hybrid /sport
Small LCD 7 inch with SD card navi which was missing ... No support android car play

Engine have DTC Fault Code P06DA00 "The actuation of of the oil pump valve in the combustion engine has an open circuit or other electric fault". looks like 90% M274 have it
Battery power train has stored P0A0A00 (interlock circuit of the high voltage system has an electrical fault) possibly oxidated connector as (Benz Has High Voltage Warning)
And LEFT headlamp had error of communication

What I like:
Air Suspension - better like in my A7 and I have AIR
All gadget great line keep / active ACC including braking / head up display
Car was silence than my A7
Driving pure on electric

Last edited:
Good luck; it sounds as though it could well turn out to be a pretty expensive mistake.
It is an interesting observation and not an unfair one. My own view on owning a C350e having posted the full list of issues is that you are getting a lot of car for your money (given the level of depreciation from new).
The costs of solving the issues as they come up do add up but they, in and of themselves, are not eye-wateringly expensive.

I certainly wouldn't be recommending one to someone who is on a tight budget and needs a dependable car with cheap running costs.

Funnily for me, i find the cost is secondary to the time and head space required to resolve the issues (they seem to come up when I am very busy with work or other projects!). I am also on friendlier terms and in contact with my local mechanic much more than I would have intended or liked to be!

Hi , I asked the service manager of a Mercedes dealer about this model of car.

His reply was that they are very difficult to sell as a used car and no one really understands them !

@Boyband yeah have heard something along the same lines very politely put by a MB dealer sales rep (who wasn't trying to sell me a C350e).

@DubMerc - interesting note on the rear axle imbalance - mine is due its first NCT on the 22nd… watch this space
@DubMerc Had the NCT done tonight, zero imbalance and sailed through. Only odd thing…. Absolutely nothing on the emissions - ie it looks like they tested it as a pure EV. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me in the future…

According to the NCT manual
"Hybrid vehicles should be viewed as an electric vehicle and will not require an exhaust emissions test."
That strikes me as stupid. Most hybrid vehicles, particularly the mild hybrids with little battery capacity, unless used predominantly for short runs will surely do most of their running, certainly on motorways and dual carriageways, on iCE power.

That strikes me as stupid. Most hybrid vehicles, particularly the mild hybrids with little battery capacity, unless used predominantly for short runs will surely do most of their running, certainly on motorways and dual carriageways, on iCE power.
Definitely, on the open road predominantly ICE power. Just the same in the MoT test over here, hybrids are exempt from emission testing, a curious bit of thinking. I think it's because one cannot force the ICE to run, certainly not when stopped in the test bay.

Definitely, on the open road predominantly ICE power. Just the same in the MoT test over here, hybrids are exempt from emission testing, a curious bit of thinking. I think it's because one cannot force the ICE to run, certainly not when stopped in the test bay.
Another great example of the car industry conning the regulators, or at least operational laziness.

@DubMerc Had the NCT done tonight, zero imbalance and sailed through. Only odd thing…. Absolutely nothing on the emissions - ie it looks like they tested it as a pure EV. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite me in the future…
Great stuff that you sailed through the NCT. Am away at the moment but going to look at my NCT certificate as pretty sure they did the emissions test on mine with the ICE on.
When you say zero imbalance, are you saying the percentage reading of imbalance was 0%?

Great stuff that you sailed through the NCT. Am away at the moment but going to look at my NCT certificate as pretty sure they did the emissions test on mine with the ICE on.
When you say zero imbalance, are you saying the percentage reading of imbalance was 0%?
Morning @ DubMerc front was 4%, rear was zero…. See full report attached

Attachments

• 35217584-A8F5-4D78-B246-21B6F0A07BA3.jpeg
    35217584-A8F5-4D78-B246-21B6F0A07BA3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom