Isn't it Ironic?

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by fatdazza, Sep 8, 2013.

1. fatdazza

fatdazza Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Vauxhall Chevette
    Much as I completely disagree with everything the EDL stand for, I find it slightly ironic, that during an EDL "march" it appears that 2 EDL members were arrested, while 150 people protesting against the march were arrested.

Makes you wonder who the law abiding citizens are?

EDL leader arrested as thousands protest against march | UK news | The Observer

2. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    The EDL are football hooligans in a pretty dress...

However, they should, as in any progressive democracy, be allowed to protest/march etc and by attempting to ban their activities it only serves to keep them in the shadows when we need these people out in the open so we can shine a light on them and show up the hypocrisies of their 'politics'.

The 'anti-fascist' lot fighting against them will have been a load of right-on crusties that think its great to get arrested, whereas the EDL lot will have records as long as your arm and will be probably trying not to get arrested...

1 person likes this.
  3. Meldrew2

Meldrew2 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport & BMW 420d M-Sport+ Cabrio Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (sorry, guys)
    Also it's ironic that if the EDL had their way and ran the country, similar protests would almost certainly be banned..... :dk:

1 person likes this.
  4. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    I know lawyers and barristers who are members of the EDL and other questionable organisations :eek:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
Tags: