ISO is universal, yes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChasChas

Car
2001 clk320
From what I've read here, the audio 10 unit in my clk is ISO connected at the rear and wanting to play mp3s off a stick or player the consensus seemed to be that I can just buy a new head unit and plug it in.
So I did.
But it won't power up. What am I missing? The ISO connectors from the audio 10 fit the new unit, there was a separate connector block to the audio 10 with two very thin black black/white wires which I guessed were the steering wheel controls.
I've done searches here to see if it's come up before but can't find anything

I've seen threads referring to taking a feed off the cigarette lighter but only in the sense of 'that other thread about taking a feed off the fag lighter' with no info.

I've seen threads referring to taking a feed off the cigarette lighter but only in the sense of 'that other thread about taking a feed off the fag lighter' with no info.

The system uses CAN BUS to send signals such as the steering wheel controls, perhaps the other cables provide a signal to switch on?

Thanks! I'll read through that properly after work. My search term skills evidently need work

So it's a switched live I've got to patch in, that sounds doable. Thanks for the info ☺

The issue might simply be which ISO lead it is. - I work with a few ISO standards, so the first question I ask is "ISO what?".

The issue might simply be which ISO lead it is. - I work with a few ISO standards, so the first question I ask is "ISO what?".

...Container?

...sosceles triangle?

...should have stopped by now?

Erm, Anybody know which of the four wires going to the fag lighter is the switched live? Brown?
I was feeling flushed with success earlier after A) Diagnosing and B) fitting a new blower heater resistor.
That may well have been dizziness caused by hanging upside down in the footwell for half an hour though ;)

New unit fitted today. Thanks for the help.
Although it's referenced elsewhere in case someone elses search terms find this thread and not the others, the switched live to the ciggy lighter is pink with green stripe. There are two of them, I had help in that there was already an aux feed taken off it. Maybe for the nokia 3310 handsfree hit that I haven't removed yet.
I've actually got an old 3310 in a drawer somewhere, probably still got a charge ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom