Isofix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daisydog

Car
Ml270
Just bought ml270 7 seater looked at quite a few newer ones and this is a good one even if a little old ! pick up later in the week . Only thing is I see isofix was introduced in 2001 and it's a 2001 model I have bought . U can bet it was just before isofix was put in !
Is there any way u can put isofix in an older car ? Got 3 child seats so is a pain if I can't . Thanks in advance for any help !

It is probably going to be very tricky. Isofix is welded to the chassis so I doubt there are spare parts as such without cutting it from a donor car. Some Fords have a boltable retrofit but I would rather have it welded. I looked for an e39 BMW without it and it was going to be a real pita!
If you don't have it then I'd spend the time getting a belt fitted seat just right and it would be fine.

Thanks , was hoping it was bolted to chassis so might have been fairly simple . Might be possible to cut out of a car and weld on but prob too much hassle . Fingers crossed it has it or I will be in for a blast !!

You can buy the isofix mounting from MB about 15 quid, bolts on. 10 min job.

Thanks that's great news ! Mrs won't give me a good hiding now !!

You can buy the isofix mounting from MB about 15 quid, bolts on. 10 min job.
That would be a result but is a pre isofix car going to have threaded captive nuts for something that wasn't an option?
Might be you could drill, weld and thread. That would still be easier than taking bits from a donor car. Fingers crossed.

You could be right there wouldn't have threaded holes to take bolts but could get drilled and welded in , can't see why not . Got to be easier than messing about with seat belts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom