issue with rear suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

legonutter

sunny cumbria! that place where sun comes in liqui
Car
c270 avantgarde
hi ive just brought my lovely 2001 c270 avantgarde.:bannana: as a project car and after driving it a few miles iv decided there is a major issue in the rear!:fail
under breaking the car shudders and dives left!:eek: (i don't think she could squirrel more if i filled her with nuts!)

anyway after further inspection iv found the drivers side rear track arm to be the culprit. by means that well, its not actually attached in the middle.......

and that moves me to my actual question
What is the part i need and who sells it?

Attachments

• broken!.jpg
    broken!.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 19
I'd wouldn't just buy one arm, I'd buy a complete set along with rear subframe bushes and diff mounts. Is there high mileage on the car?

Paste this:

MERCEDES C CLASS W203 2000-2007 REAR LOWER UPPER LEFT RIGHT SUSPENSION ARM ARMS

into eBay.co.uk and you'll find a complete kit made by Meyle for £140.

EuroCarParts, enter your reg and then navigate to Suspension Arms & Joints.

Lemforder is/was the OEM.

You're more than welcome.

My view with that mileage (and the current issue) is do the job right and pull the complete subframe out and check it for rust and cracks or potential areas where cracking may occur in the future. Also too no harm in cleaning everything up, I'd imagine that's not the only rusty spot. Paint the s/frame too.

Enjoy the new car.

yeh thanks mate
ill pull all that out at a later date as im working on a fairly tight budget!
iv got a Audi dealerships workshop all to myself for a hole day on Saturday free of charge (bonus) what is it they say?
it isn't what you know its who you know!

so ill see how far i get and if we can pull it out we will but only having limited hours will be tricky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom