Issues sending destinations from MM App to Command

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

09EA63

Car
GLC220
Good afternoon all,
Don't know if anyone can assist. This is an issue that affects not only myself, but also my wife (C250 Cabriolet driver). We used to be able to select destinations from with the Mercedes Me app and send them to our respective vehicles - quite useful as it was quicker than using the wheel function to type in the address. It became 'flaky' some time ago then eventually stopped working altogether. According to our local dealers, this is now a 'feature' so to speak - it just doesn't work - is this true? All the other MM functionality is working (after the odd glitch last year such as traffic info stopping working, then coming back).
I've tried to follow the advice about setting up the internet connection to my phone, that I have read somewhere on one of these pages (or perhaps elsewhere), but the system just states 'searching for iphone' then stops (my phone is all set up and working and everything else on the car/app works such as tyre pressures, odometer etc etc.). So it's all a bit odd.
Sorry if this is a repeat query, but I have scrolled through many pages without seeing anything specific about the navigation side of the MM app and not being able to send destinations to the car.

MIne works OK, even after the three year subscription to most services has run out. It can take it a little while to show up on the nav, sometimes I've been driving for a few mins before it does.

That's not the issue @Germgh0st - but thanks - it won't send from the app in the first instance - see screen grab to illustrate what I am trying to/activate :)
When I try to connect this particular feature in the car, nothing happens (but everything else is OK)

Attachments

• IMG_0243.png
    IMG_0243.png
    395 KB · Views: 8
Mercedes have begun withdrawing certain MM functionality for cars using 2 or 3G Sim connectivity but are keeping v quiet about it. I wonder whether your car is one of those affected? If remote services (car location, lock unlock via the app etc) are not available on MM then that will be your issue.

Looking again at your screenshot the removal of functionality by Mercedes is definitely your problem, and there is no fix as they simply withdrew the services provided without notice.

Thanks all - I thought that may be the case but wanted to double check with the MB community just in case I was being a biff. A shame really as it was a really useful function especially if planning a long trip with lots of stops.
Guess that twirly knob will be getting some action in the next few weeks entering all our stops ahead of a planned trip to Normandy!

Thanks all - I thought that may be the case but wanted to double check with the MB community just in case I was being a biff. A shame really as it was a really useful function especially if planning a long trip with lots of stops.
Guess that twirly knob will be getting some action in the next few weeks entering all our stops ahead of a planned trip to Normandy!
Just to follow up - you'd think that MB would remove that functionality from the MercedesMe app during one of their updates if they don't intend to support it going forward, but hey, that's just me being logical eh?

That's not the issue @Germgh0st - but thanks - it won't send from the app in the first instance - see screen grab to illustrate what I am trying to/activate :)
When I try to connect this particular feature in the car, nothing happens (but everything else is OK)

Ah apologies, I didn't quite understand your issue. As others have said it does look like MB have turned this functionoality off in your case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom