Issues with the average mpg not displaying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBSINGH

Car
CLS 320 CDI
Hey Guys

Im new to the world of owning a MB so please excuse me if I make any mistakes.

I have just bought a CLK270 CDI 2003 and almost everything in it works but I have been having an issues with the after start and after reset section in the information system. It display some things but not other. Where the average MPG is to be displayed all I get is ------ and also where it is to display the average speed I also get -----. All the other displays work and I can see things like speed, range and other things but not these two. Does anybody know why and what I can do to fix it? Any help would be great.
Thanks

if you have just reset the information you wouldn't get any info I believe as you would need to drive for a short period of time for it to then display average speed and mpg.

I have tried that too. Been on multiple log journeys and it has never displayed anything. Always stays at -----

That happened to me on one of the 204s. It will require a visit to your dealer to do an update.

Ernie

Really. That's sucks. I went there today and they had never heard of the issue before and want to charge me £114 plus vat just to do diagnostics on the car. What is this update you talk about and what does it do??

Pull the negative off the battery, leave it for 15 minutes and then plug it back on.

See if you get the info back.

Cool I will try that in the morning. The only thing is that I have a comand fitted and I don't know if it has a security code as I don't have this info. Does the comand have a security code??

I have never had to put a code in before, I think it looks at your vin.

Thinking about this more, they are vin locked, and I think it was only from MY09 models that they needed coding.

You can unplug as much as you want if it stays in the same car.

Really. That's sucks. I went there today and they had never heard of the issue before and want to charge me £114 plus vat just to do diagnostics on the car. What is this update you talk about and what does it do??

Sorry for the late reply...mine was still under warranty, so it didn't cost me. They applied a software update; it took them all day but it fixed the problem. Presumably, but I don't really know, it was applied to the module that controls the On-Board Computer.

Having said all that, it might be that your module or whatever is faulty and they need to diagnose that before doing anything.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom