It’s that time again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
Evening all.

On May 26th this year I’m taking part in the Ride London-Essex 100.
This is a 100 mile bike ride that starts on the Victoria Embankment and goes out to the backwoods of Essex and finishes up on Tower Bridge

If you’re wondering what it’s like to ride that far then it’s the same distance as Mill Hill to Birmingham Airport!!

I’m song the ride for charity and for the second time I’m doing it for Macmillan Cancer Support so dig deep because 1 in 2 of us will die of cancer!!

I’ve included a link to my JustGiving page and if you download the FordRide London App and you can follow me on the actual day.

All done and dusted in 7.5 hrs which was a hour longer than last year. Not a brilliant ride which was due to several factors.

First of all my training was zero, I think the last time I was on a bike was in February.
The weather didn’t help, the entire back 40 was into a headwind and we had a hailstorm and a massive downpour.
There were 3 big crashes that held us up on the country roads by around 10 mins each time.
My Garmin is knackered because the battery won’t hold up.

I was in a group of 4 but we split up going through the Blackwall Tunnnel and I was the slowest of all (not that I’m bothered)
All of our bikes were perfect with no punctures. We had my Boardman, bro on his new Dolan Ares, bro in law on a Pinarello Rahza and matey Andy on his Willier.

Thanks for the comments and for the sponsors.

Last edited:
Like I said.....you crazy 🤪
It’s a sprint Tri so shorter distances but with the same competetivnes.
Swim 750m
Cycle 20km
Run 5km

I’ve done it before but the last time was 2019. Running is definitely my weakest sport and I normally speed walk it so for this year I’ve been doing the Couch to 5K so I can do the run with a bit of style, panache and dignity!! 🤣🤣 Week 7 out of 9 carries on tomorrow.

It’s a sprint Tri so shorter distances but with the same competetivnes.
Swim 750m
Cycle 20km
Run 5km

I’ve done it before but the last time was 2019. Running is definitely my weakest sport and I normally speed walk it so for this year I’ve been doing the Couch to 5K so I can do the run with a bit of style, panache and dignity!! 🤣🤣 Week 7 out of 9 carries on tomorrow.
I recon even I could do that triathalon.....and at least complete it/survive! Swimming is my weakest event.....love running.

I recon even I could do that triathalon.....and at least complete it/survive! Swimming is my weakest event.....love running.
There are places left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom