It all went pear shaped....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigyb

Car
Audi A8 W12
Well I was on my way to the NTG when the women behind me in her rover 600 locked up and skidded right into the back of me.

looks pretty bad, boot has been pushed about an inch or so, car still driveable, but I'm well fed up.

Thankfully we were not injured, just shaken.

Maybe me and mercedes were just not meant to be :-(

Craig

sorry to hear about your accident. know how you feel. hope it gets all sorted quickly. :(

It wasn't raining at the time, just wet roads. She was far to close and the traffic ahead of me stopped suddenly, I braked ok, but she was too close for the conditions and locked up.

I think my girlfriend is developing whiplash and I'm starting to feel quite sore now as well. We has 10 year old son on the back seat and he was quite shaken. The site of him crying really upset the ther driver, but, these things happen and I told her not to worry too much, that's what her insurance is for.

Craig

What a bad day for this to happen on, when you're feeling good about going out in your Merc.

Hope you're all ok!

Really sorry to hear of your accident, Hope you are all ok now and that you manage to get everything sorted.

Sorry to hear about the car mate, but glad you got away unhurt... although having your Merc pranged has got to hurt somewhere.
You missed a good day, nice bunch of people.

Well Just over 4 weeks later, I have my merc back.

Seems ok, but I'm not 100% sure about the drivers door alignment. Seems a few mm's out compared to the passenger door which is perfect. Have to get used to it again, I've been living in Mondeo land for the past 4 weeks.

Craig

Glad to hear youve got your motor back now,How are you all feeling in yourselfs?Hows the insurance claim going ?No problems hopefully.Tell you what tho it seems a lot longer than 4 weeks since the NTG.I must have been very busy doing something.

Well so much for getting it back.....

1. Rubbing noise from rear drivers side when cornering or rough road.

2. Drivers door not flush to body

3. Seat belt unusable, retainer clip missing off belt.

4. Upgrdaed to CLK 320 K from a 230 or at least thats what the badge says now....

Cool... so much for nationwide repairs... cowboys.

A few years ago someone drove into the back of my Wifes car. Nationwide Accident to the rescue. ARRGGHH.

In reality this is the worst repair i have seen, but hidden behind the bumper. recently I had to perform a rust repair as a result on an otherwise rust free car.

Check the underseal, I bet it's breached and not been re-sealed.

Good job the cars not worth worrying about.

Originally posted by Dieselman
Good job the cars not worth worrying about.
Originally posted by craigyb
Dieselman

thanks for slagging my car off...
NO! I believe Dieselman was talking about his wife's car! Lol did you think he was saying your CLK230k wasn't worth worrying about? :) I'm certain he was talking about his wife's car, right Dieselman?

After re-reading the post, my apologies to Dieselman....

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom