It can the Sun and the Collinite 476S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Car is now on its holidays for some mechanicals ahead of Benz on the Green.

Next week I hope to be able to clean her fully. For now, here is a couple of shots of her dirty bottom.

fb89719d854861f96b423e8fc2b46559.jpg
5aeb996a1ffd28c3069f220b4dfe17de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to know who painted this :p

A stunning car, a credit to its owner :)

4b879081cfcb542ecbb47063849c00f2.jpg

Abb

Sorry to hear about your issues with another member. That is just not good sport at all. Was your compressor riveted? Andy now supplies (with his kit) a set of rivets and instructions on removing the old ones etc. On mine you could remove the long bolts or the rivets. Bolts are also supplied.

I was able to get a new:

Cylinder Bore
Piston Ring
Drier Spring(s)
O-Rings
Seals

The difference is immediate.

Other things worth considering: If your air suspension starts to play up and give errors. Some errors will kill all power to the actual compressor. I have seen people who have tested all the fuses and relays, then bought a new compressor or ECU, only to still have no power. The ECU is designed to kill power in certain error conditions as a safety feature. On my wife's X5, clearing the error, icarsoft (other tools will work) restored power for a couple of minutes until the error came back again. But it proved that the power side was okay, and that the compressor was working, albeit faulty. It just could not get enough air in and out quickly enough for the ECU.

I have to say it is one of these satisfying jobs to do:

a) You save a fortune (in my case over £900)
b) Despite initial thoughts, it is not difficult to do. A 1/4 socket set and a 10mm spanner were the only tools I required.
c) It transforms the cars handling and the suspensions operation. I could not believe how quickly the suspension now reacts. The X5 has a 'Access Mode' where it drops the car about 8" for loading and unloading. This was taking a around a minute to complete. It now takes around ten seconds!!!

I had a similar experience with a Range Rover and that also saved me around £700.

If you have a leak in the system? It will attempt to compensate by running the compressor continuously in a vain attempt to keep up with the leak. This continuous running will burn out the piston ring as it is designed for short runs topping up the system and not for continuous pumping. So if you can hear it running more than you used too? Expect it to fail. Washing up liquid in a water spray is still the best method to detect leaks, which normally happen when the air bags puncture. The leveling sensors can also cause the ECU to throw errors. If the car has recently been jacked up and is now throwing errors? Check the sensors are not damaged or broken.

What really got me with this whole thing was Andy's response to my questions. I expected a cursory, if any, reply. But no. He took time to understand what was happening, suggested next steps and asked me to report back. This over several emails. He could simply have said you need to buy the biggest and most expensive kit I sell and replace everything!! He didn't. He took time to get the bits that actually needed replacing and sold me a kit that gave me the very best chance of a fix - and it was.

We need more people who operate like this and understand that we are all enthusiasts and not experts with huge tool laden workshops and vast supplies of cash. I have a paint guy (who I met through this forum) who operates in the same manner and he gets every single it of paint I require and most of my friends now use him. Contact - Vehicle Solutions VSSE Hastings LTD

Samir, painted my 124 Wagon, which went on to win shows and feature in Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine. All through recommendation on here and Samir's attitude to me and painting cars.

Bruce used VSSE Hastings Ltd.

I am watching you Bruce, slipping a few photos of your car onto the forum,just before Benze on the Green,of course you are far to modest to say it won best car last year,this could be construed as unfair influence on the newer member's who will be at the show,:D

I refuse to be drawn into that kind of accusation. As if I would stoop so low. Here are some more.

4e49b661ff5cccaffc659e69231d5aef.jpg
62ef7e17faa8e1de366076dd76f1a978.jpg
d47207ded80a1657453554c3b763a905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom