It Lives in my Boot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CiaranMcKeown

Car
C220 CDI Black
The interior light that is supposed to illuminate when u open the boot lid fails to do so. I replaced the bulb, but it still does not illuminate, mabye there is no power getting to it after all.....so.....

Is there a fuse for this (i dont have a manual)
If not, where do i look to rectify this problem?

Check the loom that leads to the boot, it should run down one if the plastic trim channels on one or other side of the boot lid. The loom is covered in a 'bladder' type cover which you may need to cut through to check if there is a break in the cable. I know this was a problem on 124s and 202s but may well affect your 203.

I Think the loom is on the left ahnd side of the boot lid arm thing as it is about twice the length of the other right hand side. Cant see how a break could occour there but i will check anyways to remove doubt.

It buggin me as when i open the boot at night i cant see a thing, might have to resort to wiring in a new light. If i were to do this would anyone know where to get a positive feed from?

As the boot light is so infrequently used, I would be tempted to fit one of those battery powered cupboard lights instead. Or something similar. Easy to remove if you ever get the original fixed at a later date.

Boot light

On my C Class there is a small white button in the boot lid which enables
the boot light to be switched off if you need the boot to be left open a long time. Push inwards to reconnect. Sorry if I am offering up an obvious
solution?

Hmm, where abouts is this white button???
Mine is an 02 model so mabye thats only on the facelift model.

As for the cupboard light i was considering that but then you would have to phically switch it on each time you open the boot which as i open and close it a lot, would prove to be a bit of a pain but nonetheless i may just resort to that.

Those cheap sort of accent tubes you can buy in halfords for around a tenner plug into the ciggy socket, so i could hack the adaptor of and connect the tubes to the power for the original bulb if there was actually power going to it. Stick the lights to the underside of the boot (opposite side of the parcel shelf) and roberts your fathers brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom