It would take something pretty interesting & special to convert me to the Dark Side..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
And this would be it, one of my customers many cars

imag0137l.jpg

imag0138ii.jpg

imag0139pk.jpg

imag0140zn.jpg

Brett
:thumb:

Alpina makes some really great cars. Apart from the very early ones such as the A4,very good value too.

I went with a friend to look at a D3 which he bought.
Cracking car. I would have one.

Last edited:
That is beautiful.

Having had a pretty high number of beemers at my tneder age, I would have to say thats really quite special.

Very rare, very classy, and apart from some (ahem) perhaps questionable electrical gremlins, built like tanks. The motors in those are supposed to last forever.

That B12 looks amazing, I'd love to see one in person.

D3's are good but have suspect gearboxes & clutches too those issues were solved when the D3 Bi Turbo was released which iirc is when the B3/D3 was facelifted.

I take it he doesn not shake your hand anymore than Brett,lol.Was that today,well yesterday?

Here's my engine from my 02 complete with go-faster no-doubt fake Alpina cam cover:

02Engine1.jpg

Ive always fancied an 850 and now I know there is a special version... hmmm..

i considered a 5 series BMW before getting my Merc but having had a couple of BMWsbefore and never a Merc - i bought the E300!

The 8 series is a dirty... dirty car.... Didn't know that Alpina got their hands on it, but I still prefer the V8 noise to a V12.

If the 840ci wasn't so much more on insurance then its bigger brother 540i then I would have bought it instead. But there's always a 645ci/650ci to look forward to in the future ... :D

Im surprised nobody has made a joke about the scrap metal merchant behind though :)

Im surprised nobody has made a joke about the scrap metal merchant behind though :)

Did they drop the Alpina or are they taking it for scrap :D

The 8 series is a dirty... dirty car.... Didn't know that Alpina got their hands on it, but I still prefer the V8 noise to a V12.

If the 840ci wasn't so much more on insurance then its bigger brother 540i then I would have bought it instead. But there's always a 645ci/650ci to look forward to in the future ... :D

**** that, get an M5 or M6 V10.

Brilliant engines V10's, so tuneful.

I thought that's what you are on about wanting.

Did you mean that black Pontiac Firebird looking thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom