Italian GP 2016 (may contain spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Lewis around (a mahoooosive) half a second ahead in qualifying, put Nico in his place.

Breaking news, Jenson Button will NOT race for anyone next year, even though he has signed a 2 year deal which gives him/McLaren an option to race in 2018

Very clever of Ron Dennis, gives JB a break and if ALO decides to retire after his contract expires, they still have an experienced driver

JB must be comfortable with this as he had offers from other teams but turned them down and he has never been one to just accept something he didn't want. I hope he is back in 2018

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/241...do-not-publish

Hopefully JB has the option to do some racing next year, such as Le Mans 24 hour as sports car racing would suit him well.

Hopefully JB has the option to do some racing next year, such as Le Mans 24 hour as sports car racing would suit him well.

I agree with the sports car racing, the ability to put in consistent laps time and time again without drama is what wins endurance racing and JB excells at that.

I'm sad as I'm a big JB fan, but this seems like quite a novel and sensible solution for both team and driver. It looks like he wasn't going to accept a seat anywhere else just to continue driving in F1.

JB wants to try another motor discipline some articles have said (Le Man's, rallying etc) as well as his triathlon s which he enjoys and isn't getting any younger for.
Even possibly more media?

Honda adore him both as a development driver, but also as an ambassador ( he speaks some it is said) at a time and they need positive PR due to still being off the pace.

And should Alonso decide to go Ron will have a warm bum for the warm seat.....

A good deal overall
Given the significant changes to the cars next year, he would have struggled to back the right pony or stable at this stage, so better the devil.....?

I Wish him a happy retirement yes he may be a gentleman but never a true racer in my books only my opinion obviously

but never a true racer in my books

Yer avin a larf int ya? The guy is a true racer through and through. It is in his blood. I struggle and fail to see where and how you could come up with such a statement.

As various racing teams cars' technical superiority waxes and wanes its increasingly difficult to distinguish the merely competent drivers from the great ones . One can think of periods in the past where Red Bull dominated with a faster car or Ferrari or Mclaren or in Buttons case Brawn GP [ Honda F1 chassis and Mercedes engines] meaning often the only realistic measure of ability to win is between team mates in the same top car. So it is at present with Hamilton V Rosberg in Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team cars meaning real comparison with present Red Bull or Ferrari drivers performance is difficult to assess. The Mercedes drivers are certainly aware of it ---witnessed by their bitter complaints if for any reasion that superiority is removed by technical problems or bad racing conditions. Don't get me wrong you have to be a superb driver to win any F1 GP :cool: but having the best car does help quite a bit. ;)

Last edited:
never a true racer in my books only my opinion obviously

I think I understand what you mean. He's not a bully boy racer like many of the great. Bit of a Mr Nice Guy like DC used to be. One could argue that his 2009 Brawn was far superior in the first half of that season giving him a great start that couldn't be clawed back.

However, don't forget that in the time he and Lewis spent at McLaren together JB actually outscored LH so he's no Sunday driver.

I'm McLaren through & through. I'll miss him, he's a great ambassador for the team and F1 in general. A very nice fun guy with a good heart. Never in any controversy. I wish him well and hope he stays around on our TV screens.

Ant.

I think the BBC piece has it about right. - Not the best all-round driver, but exceptional in changeable conditions.

He should go in to rally (or maybe rallycross like his old man?); that might suit his abilities.

Admittedly he out scored Lewis 1 year think Lewis was over trying that year and kept crashing into masa lol,button won the title with an illegal car again only my opinion but can't believe Adrian newey the brains of f1 design over looked that little loop hole along with mclaren and the red cars ? And at the time brawn had there back up against the wall and was on the brink of being broke and unable to race .also if that had happened would of been something like 3 teams left in f1 so in berni's interest to let them continue ,and all you hear jb say is the rear is loose,no grip bla bla bla don't get me wrong obviously he can drive he wouldn't be there but a racer ?

The little loop hole I talk of the double defuser

Last edited:
Interesting that you should distinguish between teams that are prepared to bend the rules to win= "illegal car" and drivers who are prepared to do the same thing in order to win a championship. One man's "racer " is another man's "cheater " witness Adelaide in 1994. There's a lot of that "Racing " going on right now between Lewis and Nico. :(

[YOUTUBE]91JoW4mSiZo[/YOUTUBE]

Admittedly he out scored Lewis 1 year

It was well documented at the end of the 2012 season that JB had outscored LH over the three years they raced together as teammates.

JB 672
LH 657

As for the Brawn being illegal :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
So button beat him over three single seasons or are you adding up the points over three seasons together ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how long Hamilton will spend in the simulator practising starts?

The start definitely screwed up his race but I thought he would have got past Bottas a bit sooner

#Hamiltonstart PMSL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom