It's a puzzle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brewbox

Car
S320
The problem in brief. S320 diesel (07 plate) with Brabus gubbins (factory fitted) will behave perfectly until I use about half throttle when it throws all the toys out of the pram and goes into limp mode.
MB independent have no idea, I have even less. Things checked so far after STAR reported low fuel rail pressure.

All sensors and wiring
Fuel pump lines and filter
Injectors and leak back

Everything passed but three injectors were at the very bottom of the specs and I was advised to change them. Three new Bosch injectors, one big bill and there is no difference.
Could the Brabus unit be faulty and will it help to remove it?

Any tips or pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brew

Has the pressure been checked at the rail with a gauge?

Has the pressure been checked at the rail with a gauge?
I don't know. It was in my local MB independent for two days and all they came up with 'three injectors are almost out of limits and should be changed'. There were no other fault codes found, just the low rail pressure.

thanks
Brew

PS. I just asked and was told there is no tap off for a pressure gauge??

Last edited:
My mistake,pressure read via sensor which star picked up as low.My thoughts are
pump or pressure valve for the fuel return at fault.Seeing as your Independent has
drawn a blank,post your location so someone can hopefully recommend an alternative
indie.

Thanks, I live midway between Nottingham and Derby. Had the car serviced at main agents in Nottingham and to be frank was less than impressed ( 'there was a rubber boot split sir so we fitted a new leg'! £1200 thank you very much) which is why it went to an indie. Lord knows what the bill would be if it went in now but it's looking like I won't have a choice.

Brew

Thanks, I live midway between Nottingham and Derby. Had the car serviced at main agents in Nottingham and to be frank was less than impressed ( 'there was a rubber boot split sir so we fitted a new leg'! £1200 thank you very much) which is why it went to an indie. Lord knows what the bill would be if it went in now but it's looking like I won't have a choice.

Brew

Are you saying there is a repair kit available just for the boot or that they should've put a bit of gaffer tape over it?

Think about it. Right, he reported a now deleted spam post...it might be good to remove his post too...and yours and mine!

Ah, I get it now. :crazy: Ok, so this needs deleting too?!

I'm told there is a kit to replace the rubber boot at the bottom of the suspension leg BUT I don't know for certain. Being a noob and not knowing the ropes around here I'll assume the crack about gaffer tape was tongue in cheek. However the point is they went ahead before they told and presented me with a fait accompli. Boot or no boot I'm fairly sure I could have had the job done for a lot less.

Apart from that my post is about a fuel problem not something that is gone and forgotten.

Last edited:
Apart from that my post is about a fuel problem not something that is gone and forgotten.

If this were in the Engine part of the forum (where those likely to have an answer to this are more likely to frequent) it might stand a better chance of getting an answer. If I were you I'd ask the mods to move this thread to there.

I'm told there is a kit to replace the rubber boot at the bottom of the suspension leg BUT I don't know for certain. Being a noob and not knowing the ropes around here I'll assume the crack about gaffer tape was tongue in cheek. However the point is they went ahead before they told and presented me with a fait accompli. Boot or no boot I'm fairly sure I could have had the job done for a lot less.

Yes, tongue in cheek :)

Cheeky to do it without checking and as such you were probably within your rights to refuse to pay. You only sign the work sheet to agree to pay for what it says on it, I've never had a dealer of any brand do anything extra before asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom