It's a wrap! She looks the part imho! :-) What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbottomend

Car
CLK 320 CDI Sport
No rude comments now...remember what Granny said! "If you can't say summat nice, don't open yer gob sunshine!". Not quite how she put and not always adhered to by me,,,but anyway,,here goes...this will be show first and tell more later if any interest.

And have vid am trying to edit down to 5/6 mins fast forward like the Nissan vid posted elsewhere on the vote for a colour (which was bit of damp squib tbh -the vote I mean....:)

Anyhow, here we have a series of before and afters......Into the flames I go!

All best!

P.S. Bit dull today, so not showing to full glorious effect but hope a hint...not high res as here limited so may put up some somewhere else with links if interest .rest maybe not so good. Will try to do some under lights and in sun too if anyone gives monkey wrench!

Will also talk more about the guys who did...great bunch!! Thanks David, Joe, Andy and Luca! On the top step of the podium lads!!!

upload_2019-6-23_19-33-21.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_19-36-46.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_19-37-21.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_19-42-52.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_19-46-57.jpegupload_2019-6-23_19-33-21.jpeg upload_2019-6-23_19-36-46.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_19-45-46.jpeg

Nice job and nice colour change:thumb:.

Do you have to get the V5 changed or is it a temporary colour change?

Am
Nice job and nice colour change:thumb:.

Do you have to get the V5 changed or is it a temporary colour change?

Thank you! Good question. Will double check that now!! Cheers for thought!! So excited didn't think. Guess must for id purposes. Will go dvla site now and inform insurance. Safer than getting pulled/done for my beauty!

AFAIK wraps don't require a colour change on the V5
Change vehicle details on a V5C registration certificate (log book)
What evidence to give
When you need to update your V5C
You must update the details on your registration certificate (V5C) to tell DVLA about:

• mistakes on your V5C
  • most changes you make to your vehicle
You cannot change tax class by updating your V5C. You do this by changing your vehicle tax - even if you’re changing to a tax class that’s exempt from vehicle tax, for example ‘disabled’.

Changes you need to update
You must update your V5C if you change any of the following:

• colour
  • engine
  • cylinder capacity (cc)
  • fuel type
  • chassis or bodyshell (replaced or modified)
  • seating capacity
  • weight of a large vehicle, for example goods vehicle or campervan
GOING ONLINE NOW TO DO IT!

In your case, I would call them to be sure. It's a bit of a grey area because vinyl wraps are considered temporary. From another forum, although a few years old

DVLA said the following. You don't need to change any thing on the logbook (V5) because its a vinly and a temporary colour and not a colour change. All you have to do is once you have applied the vinyl to your vehicle. Send them a letter saying that you have applied vinly to your car and what colour it is so they have a note of it on there system. Once you take it off send them other letter say you have took it off with the dates and reg etc.

In your case, I would call them to be sure. It's a bit of a grey area because vinyl wraps are considered temporary. From another forum, although a few years old

Believe wasmay have been amended as per pistonheads thread from about 5 years ago I think I noticed...and as not strictly 'temporary' then think that no longer applies. am going to tell all anyway for safety sake and don't think any harm done.

No wonder you are pleased with it, looks like a cracking job! Looks very OEM (although I don't think MB did that colour) if that makes sense! :)

That said, I think you should have gone with black suede complete with Swarovski crystals for the body and a nice shiny gold roof, nice and subtle not to mention classy! :D

Last edited:
Excellent! Lovely colour, good to be a tad different. Different's good if done well, and that looks like it has been. :D

No wonder you are pleased with it, looks like a cracking job! Looks very OEM (although I don't think MB did that colour) if that makes sense! :)

That said, I think you should have gone with black suede complete with Swarovski crystals for the body and a nice shiny gold roof, nice and subtle not to mention classy! :D

Cheers much! Wasn't there a Roller a while back with crystals all over inside roof...well, if could have afforded! :) Maybe will look for some gold trimmngs now mention! ;-) Did see obscene V8 once with gold bits everywhere instead of chrome...taste/money/little/lots/order.

Thanks again as no don't believe exact like any OEM Merc colour...maybe something close...should look back but could take years. though doubt they had the metallic effects before when I wonder?

Certainly a great job at good price by two of the best guys in the country I believe. They work on some major projects so was lucky sob!

And cheers for all the appreciations to the other good and fine fellow members!

Did for self but appreciation not not appreciated! :) Definitely not not appreciated!!

P.S. Sorry bout the pics muddle. Thought all looked good with 3 x before and afters but had some issues so would like to edit again but can't seem to so if anyone can be grateful to tidy up. Also some in gallery. Couple others to see e.g. touch of silver grill left on bonnet for feature and show old colour, plus sharks fin and wing mirror edges. Thought looked very subtle but adds something diff too..

That’s a very nice colour, it looks lovely and not too dramatic like most wraps. :)

That’s a very nice colour, it looks lovely and not too dramatic like most wraps. :)

Delib tried not to be ostentatious but striking and classy...do hope hit right balance...said wanted a blue with lots going on but not bling and frankly thanks to David at place for pointing to it. I said yes immediately! No doubt in mind! Am happy boy. Daft I know but she looks so much better now.

Thanks much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom