It's a wrap! She looks the part imho! :-) What do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
looks great. does this colour change need to be shared with your insurance company too for good order?

looks great. does this colour change need to be shared with your insurance company too for good order?

Thank you! Good question. Will double check that now!! Cheers for thought!! So excited didn't think. Guess must for id purposes. Will go dvla site now and inform insurance. Safer than getting pulled/done for my beauty!

Op is on it! :) (post 3)

After someone kindly raised DVLA V5C am doing that and insurance this A.M. first thing! Thanks for ask though. Was oblivious in my excitement,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks good that! It’s subtle and almost OEM which makes a change from some of the naff matt and luminous wraps people put on nice cars!

INSURANCE - With AA who have been excellent I must say!

Anyway, no need to inform them of change of colour have just been told on phone. Cannot speak for other insurers!

Thanks Alex225 and Flyinspanner for kindly comments. Seems no antis yest which is pleasing or maybe they are just seething at my lack of purity! :)

Too peek at her again this morning...still in love! Some more oics in the gallery and esp liking top bonnet grille in the original as feature!

Look great. Well done.

Should respond, I paid..but the real well done should be to the team that pulled it off! Or should I say put it on! :) Not hopefully being pulled off for a while! If holds up well which should. As told best stuff on market at mo...HEXIS...remember the name if doing yours and see what your wrappers say.

Am told fairly new to market ceramic wipe on surface protection treatment available and may do some research...could be expensive stuff but perhaps worth if adds life and keeps looking schweeeeet! :)

Not boasting now :)

But popped into PCS yesterday to check something and Natacha, who I reckon has seen a thing or two, said that until you get up close it looks like a paint job, and is one of the best wraps quality wise she has seen (not bad given not a strip down/wrap/rebuild job which is about £3 - 4 k anyway and why then?)

Plus she said she liked the colour.

So more kudos to my super team! Don't crash that track car Luca!

Looks very nice. Love the colour.

What happens in a few years time when it's due to come off. Do it again in a different colour or sell car with it on?

Looks very nice. Love the colour.

What happens in a few years time when it's due to come off. Do it again in a different colour or sell car with it on?

Thanks!

No idea! But options as so easily removed so if can afford could change every couple of years, even if extravagant..at least some protection for body..my aim is to try to keep her going another say three years and see where we are then, subject to no major probs like a dead engine...have said elsewhere think she has a chance of growing into a minor classic as one of finest MB shapes...built solid...pre-efficiency (so not good on pocket) for engine purists of the future may have some value as such. So lets see. Cant see getting fed up with colour but may add a it to the maintenance fund to save up for say 2 - 3 years poss change, or if have the money then could go respray at some stage if worth keeping longer or adding value.

Sadly don't have crystal balls, and even if did do not believe in such nonsense anyway! :)

RAPID WRAP VID - No not Stormzy!

Condensed approx 7.5 hours work into 2 minutes. If could do that quick would be cool! But the pros take their time and do it good!

Note the description credits! Certain places and people known around these here parts are name checked and linked. If the vid goes viral I want discounts! :)

Apols for the production values! Mine on the video I mean.

Still, hope not too long at just over 2 mins and who doesn't love the soundtrack!

No downvotes! :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video but I prefer the silver or I'm just not a fan of blue cars.

How much did the wrap cost if you don’t mind sharing?

Great video but I prefer the silver or I'm just not a fan of blue cars.

Not sure 'nice' is correct term for the video...pretty low grade, grainy amateur production. Messed up opening and the slow reveals at end are not great speed...may adjust if can work out the editing program...anyway, thanks...sort of...guess colour in eye of beholder. You may like better in real life as number of peeps have said looks a lot better than in the pics and has lovely depth, reflections, colours within, and a hint of sparkle that lifts it in the sunlight/light...and silver...well..ok did not mind but every other or more than are silver so thought...well even Howard at the garage said it grew on him while he worked on her.

Cheers! :)

How much did the wrap cost if you don’t mind sharing?

Hi, Their normal rate is £1800 plus VAT inc material though if you went for something in the expensive range then poss a bit more...believe all the carbon fibre and matt gunmetal/black etc types are more expensive, plus the shiny metals like gold etc...plus more diff to apply so poss increase there too if you go Yianni customer stylee like that is ;_)...:)

Had other quotes at other places ranging from £1500 to £2500.

They do not do many private vehicles. Mainly commercial and racing liveries, though he is considering doing more as they quite enjoyed it I think as change from usual fare.

Am told you can get one in Brum now for as little as £750 (can't swear to this and don't know where specifically. Anyway, perhaps quality maybe questionable at that price...still worth investigation perhaps. I can try to track down where the guy meant if anyone interested.

You can go for panels off and complete inside and out wrap e.g. inside doors on mine not done so when open can see the silver. Also under bonnet etc, so wrap is just up to and just under all over as opposed to a full 'concealment' and understand that can cost in region of Yianni like money of say around £3-4k...as could get respray for that would not understand spending that money wrapping if I had it that is!

As said elsewhere my guys recommended Hexis as the est material on market at the moment as 3M fallen behind them in development, but assume it isn't bad as such...just David is a bit of a wrap nerd and said use the Hexis wherever you get done if possible. Great colours range to choose from.

Wish you luck if go ahead and happy to ask David if you wish to see if he will do for you ..you have to get there the afternoon before to get it cleaned up thoroughly and 'acclimatised' in the workshop. Also arrange of do removal of e.g. sharks fin, front grills, door handles, rear spoiler if poss (poss problematic as breakable and three places turned me down to do this so left and have tiny joints at side of it, virtually invisible except up close, but if ideal world would have removed and replaced if necessary for the 'perfect finish.

Apparently the bonnet grille is fiddly and I left mine and the sharks fin and rim around the edge of the wings in the silver, which looks great as small contrasting and also showing her 'true' colours a tad.

Hope all that waffle contains something useful.

By way all...washing is a delicate procedure requiring zero grit in process and the finest of microfibre cloths! The material is not as hardy as a paint job with protective top coatings, and I am looking into the ceramic liquid stuff as some surface added protection.

If you ask for opinions on this forum, you'll get them; some you may not like, but that's a risk you take...

Most wraps look sh!t to a reactionary old fart like me; that doesn't. If I wanted to have a CL wrapped, I'd have it done in a colour very like that. :thumb:

P.S. Welcome to the reactionary old farts club...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom