It's been a long time, but it's time to sell up.

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by corned, Sep 13, 2016.

1. corned

corned Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    car
    Hi guys.

I've had my S211 E320CDI for what seems like for ever, but now it's time to move on.

A new job and a varied daily working pattern (usually involving moving around the Midlands) means that the car will probably start to look shabby fairly soon with all the extra work it will be undertaking.

So I have a choice of either simply running it into the ground, or selling up while it's still going to be a good car for someone.

Despite some niggles, it's been a good car to me. And it's too good to just ruin.

I can either chop it in against a new(er) model, or gauge if there's any interest in a private sale. Hence this email.

I'm going to pop a classified in the appropriate section and see where it goes. If nothing doing, I'll just chop it in when the time comes to pull the trigger.

2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde, Tealite Blue, 200,000 miles, just serviced, 7-seater, COMAND, Linguatronic ("Pardon?"), sunroof (a bit slow and creaky TBH), memory driver's seat, full leather, new tyres, SBC software update in last 2 years (so shouldn't give any trouble for years ahead). And so on...

Any questions please ask.

Many thanks,

Corned

2. HB

HB Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 , E350 CDI, C320 CDI, SQ7
    Hi corned.
    What would you change it for?

These cars do interstellar miles if well serviced which you already know. I doubt there are many cars which can handle such continuous use as a Merc. Are you V6 or Il6? I assume Il6 (as you have sbc)which is indestructible mated to equally tough 5 speed.
    It's not worth so much now but, it s still a £40k plus luxury car and hard to easily replace.

I'm sure others will give you more thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    corned

Car:
    car
    Hi Harry. Thanks for your views, which I appreciate.

I want to head into XF Sportbrake territory. Late model Diesel S Portfolio is the aim, if I can find one NOT all monochrome. And if I can afford it! They seem to be holding their money exceptionally well.

The E has done me proud, it's fair to say, but I can't live with the car forever, and the dealers here (and MB CS HQ) are sh1te so I have no intention of staying with MB and upgrading that way. It's simply time to move on. And yes, it's a very late I6.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  4. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.
    Will it be sold complete with palindromic number plate? :)

5. OP
    OP
    corned

Car:
    car
    Haha! Hey up, Mr R. :)

I had wondered about that, actually. I quite like the plate, even though it's completely meaningless. I might see if I can transfer it off onto the new one if and when...

6. neilrr

neilrr MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Various.
    Price?

7. OP
    OP
    corned

Car:
    car
    Closest to £2500 wins

8. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW 740Li
    Just an alternate view.

If your existing is going to get a hard time on the new routine wouldn't this be a better option than something newer and more expensive getting tatty?

9. mattc

mattc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 E270 avantgarde, 1994 E320 Coupe
    I am using a 53 plate e270 as my daily from Brum to Derby or Pershore. It's on 285k and going strong. Interiors seem to be well able to cope with the mileage. Personally I would not rush to change a car whose 'faults' you know well...but then I am tight and car depreciation grieves me!

10. Meldrew2

Meldrew2 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mine: BMW X4 2.0d M-Sport & BMW 420d M-Sport+ Cabrio Hers: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport (sorry, guys)
    I don't always agree with what you write - but you're spot on with this suggestion, lewyboy!

1 person likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    corned

Car:
    car
  12. Nexman

Nexman Active Member

Car:
    C Class C350 CDI
    Awesome bit of kit beautiful colour also good job