it's cold n I'm fed up.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
.......sitting waiting for the British Gas man to come - do you think they'll send Ricky T? :D Boiler has suddenly taken on a life of it's own - just keeping fingers crossed it doesn't need replacing :(

Hope your boiler is ok, with the money you save, you can get a topcoat on that primer colour car, heeheehee. On serious note, I have been told there is a new EEC boiler that will be the only type you can buy from next summer onwards, so if its iffy change it now. Go to a trade outlet and buy one and get someone to install it. Much cheaper. Gas board £2500, buy myself and get fitted, same boiler, £1100.
Take care in the cold. Hate to have to take the mick out of someone new!

Pietre said:
Hope your boiler is ok, with the money you save, you can get a topcoat on that primer colour car, heeheehee. On serious note, I have been told there is a new EEC boiler that will be the only type you can buy from next summer onwards, so if its iffy change it now. Go to a trade outlet and buy one and get someone to install it. Much cheaper. Gas board £2500, buy myself and get fitted, same boiler, £1100.
Take care in the cold. Hate to have to take the mick out of someone new!

Yep, all new domestic boilers from April 2005 have to be of the condensing variety. They work out about £150/£200 more than normal and HMG were giving rebates if you went for one, but not now!!!!

Are you on 3* Pammy?, if not you had better put back the '350 a couple of months ;)

Portzy.

Fortunately - we are on 3* cover - phew - but he's been n fixed it. Put a new valve in it and it's working fine n dandy again. :bannana: He's going to come back on Friday with a new tap to replace the one hub's broke this morning while he was trying to tighten to stop the pressure increasing even further :crazy:

It's a combi boiler and should sit at just over 1 bar pressure - he filled it up this morning after it had fallen to half a bar over night. He took it to 1.5 bar turned off the tap and just watched it keep going to 3.5 bar :eek: so tightened it as far as he could - well until the tap snapped :D but bless the gas man - he's gonna fix that too :D

So all is back to as it should be - no new boiler yet ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom