It's Good Deed Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w124nut

Car
Mercedes W124 E320 cabriolet
Today, Tuesday, I washed out the dustbins and the food waste bin. I am ashamed to say that this is the first time in memory that I have done this but as they whiffed so much, it definitely was time to do so.

With a hose, soft bristle broom, disinfectant and bleach, I set to and within a few minutes and with such little effort, I hoped to have made the bin-men's life a bit more pleasant.

Hey ho, now what other good deed can I do today? The ironing? No chance!!

No good deed goes un-punished.

Now you've done it once, it will expected that you'll do it again :(

....and another thing here.

Always remember this. Good deeds lead to irrational demands for more good deeds from women. A woman's idea of a good deed does not involve inviting round her old gorgeous school mate for an evening of unbridled threesome sex with you. More likely it will involve you doing something that you hate and humiliates you in front of men.

Did the shopping at the local Tesco, unfortunately I left without entering the code for the car park (the car gets photographed on entry and you get the code at the checkout) so I had to go back park elsewhere for 10 mins and go and play with their parking machine. So shopping above and beyond the call of duty in my book.

Today, Tuesday, I washed out the dustbins and the food waste bin. I am ashamed to say that this is the first time in memory that I have done this but as they whiffed so much, it definitely was time to do so.

With a hose, soft bristle broom, disinfectant and bleach, I set to and within a few minutes and with such little effort, I hoped to have made the bin-men's life a bit more pleasant.

Hey ho, now what other good deed can I do today? The ironing? No chance!!

Fit a waste disposal to your kitchen sink.

So much nicer than a whiffy bin!

Absolutely.

Just don't get the slop bins, my neighbour leaves his out for 2 days following 'bins' day - filthly scuffer.

Tut tut! Bad for the environment but good for the rats in the drains :doh:

Spent 6 hours digging footings and levelling the concrete dropped by Exact Mix (nice guys) and then went round to the partners fathers to check his defrosted fridge was ok. Cleared out the water and ice and restarted the freezer then went to get him some ice cream. My good deed I here you ask.....well I did have a shower before I went round; that counts right?:D

We had one 20 years ago - seemed to transfer the whiff to the sink. Have they improved?

Not sure if they have improved, but we certainly don't get smells from the sink.

Tha LOML would have let me know. Her sense of smell is about 100 times more acute than mine!

i had to wash my bins out today too. especially the Garden ones. what a pong Phewwwwwwww

How so bad for the environment?

The waste goes straight into the foul drain.

I have no data relating to blocked up drains caused by food sediment settling in the pipes, but I can't help thinking that it is not the best practice. Similarly, I get upperty at home if I find that anything other than human waste and lavatory paper gets flushed away. Muggins here has to visit the inspection chamber to sort it out :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom