Its good to be back in "the shed"

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
As some of you may be aware some pikey scraped my beloved Mercedes last month.

I booked it into Abercorn Coachworks in Paisley due to a recommendation of a forum member, who takes these things seriously.

Needless to say the job was done well, and I had been without the car for a week as it needed its entire side painted to get the correct colour match. Its perfect, you'd never know. Gone is the peeling lacquer. Lets see how it holds up.

To commemorate having the shed back and not having to slum it on trains (just because its good enough for some people, does not mean they are good enough for me ;):ban:) I thought what better than to take her up to Aberdeen for the weekend to see my mate, some of which the Scots guys have met). Comfortable, fast quiet cruising.

I was due to go to Tim Kemps birthday do, so I decided what the hell, I'll go to York, meet my pal for Lunch, drive on to Lincoln and drive back. 700 mile round trip or so as I dropped someone in Edinburgh before going back to the West.

York was lovely.

DSC_0266.jpg

Lunch was delish, beef burger with peppercorn sauce and chips. Just what you need after a 4hr30min drive and a large bill to fill her up.

Afterwards, it was onto Lincoln down the A64 and A1(M). The car was still comfortable despite a large lunch weighing in, and the prospect of Ribs, Wings and Steak to follow meant swift progress had to be made, dinner was the "main event"

Yorkshire, as nice as it is, doesn't quite have our scenery up here

DSC_0273.jpg

After Tims excellent choice of venue, it was back to Edinburgh and the shed looking spotless

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

No, they aren't MPG stats to be proud of, but that includes York rushour and a slow run down the A1 to Lincoln as lorries like to overtake each other and create tail backs. It includes the run back to Edinburgh from Lincoln and onto Helensburgh.

I've driven the car yesterday for a grand total of 12hrs. I've no pains, aches and the journey was comfortable, fast and relatively cheap. I love this car.

As I said, the train may be good enough for some, but it is not good enough for me.

Last edited:

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Why do you call it the shed?

It looks quite respectable to me.

OP
OP
S

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Why do you call it the shed?

It looks quite respectable to me.

Its early life with me did not get off to a good start, failed turbo motor nearly caused me to miss my holiday and a collapsed wheel bearing left me stranded in a lay by on the A82 in mid winter and it was minus twenty.

Plus there is a spec of rust (body shop has put cavity wax in).

To be fair, last 9 months I've not had a seconds trouble from it really, so its an unfair name, but its the cars name now.

But she is "my shed" and I love "the shed". Its facilitated so many trips, holidays etc, I really do love driving and owning this car.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
It's called the shed because Steve lives in it. :D

OP
OP
S

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
It's called the shed because Steve lives in it. :D

Ah, so you know about the douvet and pillow in the boot.

I've kipped in there on holiday. Bloody stunk the next day.

Its now worthless I know:ban::ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom