It's great when you beat your old flame !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
A couple of cars ago I owned a BMW 523i Steptronic - 1998 S reg. Lovely car it was too and very nippy (2.5 litre 170bhp). It used to fly on kickdown of pedal. This morning I found myself sat at the lights on a fairly quiet road heading towards Manchester Airport. Next to me on the right was an S reg 523i - even was the same colour ! The lights changed and I started off at normal pace not intending to fly off from the lights. The BMW then started to boot it so I did the same. Absolutely murdered it - he had no chance and he was really trying ! That was all in the 0-60 range a well - no need to fly off breaking the speed limit. Now that I'm used to my pride and joy I sort of don't know whether it is actually that quick really but know I know for sure :bannana: They say that diesels are only quick after you've got them to 30mph but I hammered the BMW from a standing start. Easy !

Gary -just noticed that you 'have had some shameless behavior in the past' whats all that about then ?

Go to 'User CP' - top left hand corner - it should be in there.

Although if someone has given you bad feedback, its unlikely that they would have initialled it as the feedback is by default anonomous (i think) the Mods. might know .

Last edited:
I've just found out it was because I posted something in the wrong section. So I've got 4 positive reputations and 1 negative so that makes me -9. What the hell is going on ?

People post things in the wrong section all the time - i'm sure it will disappear eventually !!

culpano said:
I've just found out it was because I posted something in the wrong section. So I've got 4 positive reputations and 1 negative so that makes me -9. What the hell is going on ?
The negative was probably me.

If I give someone a negative it's weighted higher because I'm a moderator. I had hoped that repeated negatives for people posting in the wrong sections would help the forum to self-moderate but I don't think it really made much of a difference, so I scrapped that idea.

But seeing a red flag next to your ID because you happened to once post in the wrong section seems a little bit stupid to me. So I may be judged the same as a person who says something pretty nasty or post a mucky pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom