Its hard letting go and saying goodbye....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KMA880

Car
Mercedes Benz SL320 Edition
I have very some very sad news. My Mercedes is going. After years of blissful ownership of my R129 SL it has come time to part with it. Though not my first R129 and i hope not my last these SL's are becoming harder to find in tiptop condition.

You must all be wondering, why would a daft person want to sell this, i can't complain, the kids fit in the back its our second/third car and it always turns heads. To me its like a sporty sofa on wheels. Compared to other Mercedes yes it is not quite as quick but it makes me feel special.
This weekend we were in Bristol for a family event and a farewell to the SL - where it will be residign at Slades garage in Buckinghamshire to awaits its next owner.

Anyhow the aim of this post is not to promote the sale but simply to ask all you fellow enthusiast is there life after parting with the one car that you wanted to keep forever...? Everyone has that one car that they had to let go of, yes you can probably get a newer ones that is more reliable, faster or better looking but can you miss a car so much that you end up buying the same one again years later...

Thoughts appreciated....?

Kash

Oh and lets remember her....

some from the last run

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 117
  • photo01.jpg
    photo01.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 104
I just dont understand this? You seem to adore this car.....so why get rid of it?

Tony.

The following reasons mate...

I forgot to mention...

Huge tax bill, pending house extension, 993 C2s in garage.
The costs were adding up and it was the 993 or SL and i chose the 993.

I guess there is no such thing as forever... As they say you simply look after it for the next owner...

You still own the silver one??

We built an extension last year so my 993 went (and a Jensen Interceptor MKII) - I love my cars, but sometimes common sense has to prevail!

Slades do seem like a rather lumpy pricetag on their cars. That said a good 129 is top of my wish list, it's just a shame that a tax bill beckons...

Can't help keeping track of the market at least once a week in case of a windfall ;)

Silver one went earlier this year, the blue went today...
Hi, can you contact me KMA880? I am interested for amg side skirts? FB Vladan Djesnic
I have very some very sad news. My Mercedes is going. After years of blissful ownership of my R129 SL it has come time to part with it. Though not my first R129 and i hope not my last these SL's are becoming harder to find in tiptop condition.

You must all be wondering, why would a daft person want to sell this, i can't complain, the kids fit in the back its our second/third car and it always turns heads. To me its like a sporty sofa on wheels. Compared to other Mercedes yes it is not quite as quick but it makes me feel special.
This weekend we were in Bristol for a family event and a farewell to the SL - where it will be residign at Slades garage in Buckinghamshire to awaits its next owner.

Anyhow the aim of this post is not to promote the sale but simply to ask all you fellow enthusiast is there life after parting with the one car that you wanted to keep forever...? Everyone has that one car that they had to let go of, yes you can probably get a newer ones that is more reliable, faster or better looking but can you miss a car so much that you end up buying the same one again years later...

Kash
Hello KMA, I cant contact you, but I am interested for Amg side skirts that you are selling for r129? Can you contact me at FB, name Vladan Djesnic? Thank you

KMA hasn't been on the forums since the middle of last year (just after posting that advert), so you may not necessarily get a response anytime soon.

In the end, it’s just a thing and can be replaced. But, I’ve sold models recently and then a year or so later had to buy another of the same car. Or you find the grass isn’t really greener and what you had, was probably the best. What’s great, is being able to make choices, and to go back comfortably. Enjoy.

Kash
Thats easy. In 2009 I had to sell my beloved Imola red E46 M3, it is a car I still have dreams about (yes really) and was the first car I bought that made me just want go out and drive, for no other reason than driving. It wasn't perfect, it was a 2001 car with 50k up when I bought it, hadn't been cared for (until my ownership at least) particularly well.

It was an absolute pig to drive in the cold or around town at slow speed, due to the gearbox (it was a manual but they were known for being rough because of the long throw on the stick) but I LOVED that car. I had to sell to pay to help pay for my then pending wedding and house move. My only regret is that I never stretched (at the time) to a CSL, if they weren't actively appreciating now and at truely bonkers money, I may even have considered one ahead of my C63 - but thats another story!

If I could find an unmolested example (CSL or not) and I knew parts wouldn't be a problem AND I had somewhere to keep it out of the elements, then I would have another in a heartbeat.....

Anyway, couldn't resist a picture:

1615363907869.png

07202DEA-CFCD-4BDF-AB0E-AAAA6F7F5F9B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom