It's here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car looks fab, can't wait for mine to arrive now! It will look identical to that.

Out of interest was it a factory order? How long did you have to wait?

It was just leaving the factory as I ordered on the 13th of September so I have been waiting just over 2 weeks. For a factory order (as my first choice was silver with the Harmon Kardon audio) I was looking at the end of December and to be fair, I was offered a VERY big discount to take delivery in September .

Harmon Kardon was one of my must have's and there were very few cars in the system with that fitted so I went for a factory order. I don't want the car until after end October anyway when my current lease runs out. Looks like it will be december though!

Harmon Kardon was one of my must have's and there were very few cars in the system with that fitted so I went for a factory order. I don't want the car until after end October anyway when my current lease runs out. Looks like it will be december though!

Yeah the HK audio was one of my must have's aswell. I ordered it in the first week in August, and was just told that it has left the factory on the way to the lease company. They were initially saying end of oct build, mid november delivery, so you may be lucky.

I went for HK audio, DAB radio, and dynamic handling. price was skyrocketing with extra options so kept it to a minimum.

cant wait!

I went for HK audio, DAB radio, and dynamic handling. price was skyrocketing with extra options so kept it to a minimum.

I hope it will come sooner. Very similar spec to mine except I also went for pricacy glass and wood trim as they were cheap! DAB I was undecided on but went for in the end. I've had cars where it has been great, but on the X5 I have now the reception is terrible.

And here is the inside

DSC02787-M.jpg
Nice :thumb: Do I see two dirty great big shoe print on those lovely mat? First thing I bought was some cheap mat to put on top of my original AMG mat.

Nice :thumb: Do I see two dirty great big shoe print on those lovely mat? First thing I bought was some cheap mat to put on top of my original AMG mat.

Yes you do but that's what mats are for. It's a bit like people who buy nice luggage for their holidays and then get upset when BA baggage handlers scuff it.

Less than 24 hours old and I had to go and recover Sam from cub camp.

I am just glad it was a nice weekend as last time it had rained for 5 days solid and Sam was caked in mud from head to toe.

On the subject of getting new cars dirty, I will however try and avoid doing what I did to my last car when it was still brand new. I was really not impressed that day even when the RAF offered to bring in a Chinook too get me out (yes really)

410230564_rXgR9-M.jpg

410230046_fNrq9-M.jpg

You have no idea how long it took to clean that lot off.

Last edited:
On the subject of getting new cars dirty, I will however try and avoid doing what I did to my last car when it was still brand new. I was really not impressed that day even when the RAF offered to bring in a Chinook too get me out (yes really)

I would have let them, it would have been brilliant to watch. :D

It's sort of weird, but I can see all the other cars are parked on the tarmac... you can just imagine the thread we would have had on here... ;)

Last edited:
I would have let them, it would have been brilliant to watch. :D

It's sort of weird, but I can see all the other cars are parked on the tarmac... you can just imagine the thread we would have had on here... ;)

It was typical airshow parking where they were directing cars in one at a time. The previous car had gone onto the soft ground without any problem but the bit where I was directed to was sheer swamp.

It ended up with 4 squadies (one under each wheel arch) up to their knees in mud lifting whilst a 4x4 pulled. The chinook was seriously considered and was next on the list of things to try.

It was typical airshow parking where they were directing cars in one at a time. The previous car had gone onto the soft ground without any problem but the bit where I was directed to was sheer swamp.

It ended up with 4 squadies (one under each wheel arch) up to their knees in mud lifting whilst a 4x4 pulled. The chinook was seriously considered and was next on the list of things to try.

I would have insisted on the Chinook...what a laugh that would have been.

Very nice, though the black means a future involving lots of cleaning and polishing, just like mine :D

That's what Sundays are for. There's a reason why my garage looks like an Autoglym showroom :p

Having said that, this is the first car I have owned that has Supaguard on (I got them to throw it in) so I am not sure if I am going to need to change my cleaning regime and method yet.

Mark, Get yourself a dual action polisher and your black car will stay looking good with zero swirl. That was my big revelation when I purchased a black car.

CleanYourCar DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher

Also don't forget to purchase your Winter Wheels and Tyres, you are going to be needing them in about 4 weeks (according to my bit of sea weed nailed to the fence and the Met Office.)

So you've got the car and it looks fabulous - the hard bit now will be keeping your licence!!:dk:

So you've got the car and it looks fabulous - the hard bit now will be keeping your licence!!:dk:

Note my previous car was a BMW 335D so this isn't much of a shift in performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom