It's hugging day.. Just a heads up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrythedog

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GLC 250 Sport Premium+
I went to see my old Ma this morning to give her a hug and she burst into tears saying she's longed for physical contact since last March. While me and the rest of the family have been seeing her regularly it hadn't really dawned on me how badly she'd missed her hugs.
So if you have an elderly relative living on their own you know what to do.

There were fears from some Yorkshiremen that the hugging was compulsory.

My wife hasn’t been able to get anywhere near her elderly parents since 2019 thanks to the pandemic. They’re thousands of miles away in a country that won’t let anyone in. The need for a hug is far greater than most of us could ever appreciate.

My wife hasn’t been able to get anywhere near her elderly parents since 2019 thanks to the pandemic. They’re thousands of miles away in a country that won’t let anyone in. The need for a hug is far greater than most of us could ever appreciate.
Same here. Haven’t seen my mum since August 2019.

I/we are very huggy people. Not just with family but friends too. A proper man hug and a solid pat on the back with my mates, especially my ole snookering pals in Manchester that I haven’t seen for over 18 months. I’ve missed it greatly so will look forward to resuming ASAP. It may seem weird to some but who cares? 🥳😁☺️

I’m going for a couple of pints early doors but I won’t be hugging anyone.
A few nods and some discreet hellos is enough. 🍺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom