It's just not cricket......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi All (for those of you that like cricket)

The company that I contract to is just about to be announced as the saviour of the famous Parker's Piece in Cambridge in partnership with the council.

http://www.varsity.co.uk/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8489&Itemid=47 (slightly dated text)

Looks like we'll be holding an event to mark the occasion - probably something with our clients and vendors.

The topic has caught the eye of John Major, Mike Atherton and Mike Gatting and apparently there is going to be a charity match there on July 3rd. Not sure if we are going to ride off the back of this date, or have our own.

Anyway - the point of my post - we're looking for clever ideas for things to do on the day. Anyone been to a corporate cricket day before? What went on? We'd like it to be memorable for the attendees!

We're thinking:

Speed gun for fastest bowler
Clients Vs Vendors match
Promotional material
Drinks/Food
Battle of the ashes (aussies versus poms)

Anyone else got any ideas?

Open bar :devil:

A few years back I got tickets for a coporate day but since cricket is not really my scene I gave my tickets to a colleague and he had a whale of a time. Points he remembered from his outing were the open bar, he got totally bladdered :rolleyes: and he won a signed cricket bat in a charity raffle, the bat was signed by the then England Cricket team. He was actually quite chuffed with his prize.

Would have bored me to tears I'm afraid.

S.

Pro-Am 20-20? Or a Pro-Am 6-a-side tourny? I got involved with the latter for John Emburey's benefit a few years back - had a ball. 5 ams & a pro per team, in our case Mark Ramprakash. Others around included Robin Smith, Gus Fraser, Allan Lamb & Graham Gooch. Top, top day, loads of autographs

The Aussies should be around by then so if they've got a free day, tell them to get their drunken, convict bums down to Cambridge to help out!! :D Or at least a signed bat or two/shirts/caps for an auction. Or how about a day with the Aussie squad at a county game a s prize, if it can be arranged?

Jukie,

>drunken, convict bums down

Careful! I resemble that comment! ;-)

Seriously, it's a shame that this wasn't a couple of years ago. My Dad used to host the Aussie cricket team when they were in Bangalore from time to time. Would have been a great opportunity to arrange something, but alas he has passed away and I dont have the email addresses!

I meant no offence, Scott. :D I had happy associations with NSWCA scholarship players at my old club back home, some of whom have progressed to the full state side (Greg Mail, Shawn Bradstreet & Phil Jacques).

If Athers & Jabba are interested, they must have contacts? Maybe Athers could get the Channel 4 commentary team down there! If it's of cricket interest, perhaps they could do a feature for broadcast during the Ashes series?

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom