Its Late, Google searching and found this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it's hard to charge money for fixing a car if the car tells you what needs to be done and it's a lot more than you normally wish to do.

Though, if people really wanted simplicity we would all be driving Smart cars. That way 2 lane roads would be 3 lanes wide.

He has a point though about the Toyota Celica being more reliable than the CLS. But then the Toyota Celica is more reliable that most other cars. No, scratch that, than all other cars. Put together. Well actually there's also the Corolla.... and have you ever seen a CLS taxi in Africa? :D

Last edited:
Have you ever seen a Toyota taxi in Germany.

No... :D

But I have a Previa that we bought new in 1997 and is still going strong... no rust and absolutely no mechanical faults whatsoever as yet :)

Mind, my C180K has so far proved very reliable as well, only a couple of very minor faults in the past 8 years.

Last edited:
He has a point though about the Toyota Celica being more reliable than the CLS. But then the Toyota Celica is more reliable that most other cars. No, scratch that, than all other cars. Put together. Well actually there's also the Corolla.... and have you ever seen a CLS taxi in Africa? :D

Have you ever seen a taxi in Africa that isn't a merc?

Have you ever seen a taxi in Africa that isn't a merc?

Err.... yes. Quite a lot actually, mostly Celicas and Corollas. The Merc taxi is more of a Middle East thing than Africa.

Err.... yes. Quite a lot actually, mostly Celicas and Corollas. The Merc taxi is more of a Middle East thing than Africa.

By Middle East do you mean the part that is the continent of Africa or the little bit that is Saudi .......where Mercedes are plentiful?

:)

By Middle East do you mean the part that is the continent of Africa or the little bit that is Saudi .......where Mercedes are plentiful?

:)

BY 'Middle East' I mean Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, the Gulf Countries, and yes some of the Arab Countries in North-East Africa.

By 'Africa' I mean mostly West and Central Africa.

I don't have much knowledge of the taxi situation is North Africa or South Africa...

I once got taken from Nairobi airport to the hotel in a Morris Marina estate.

The car had no brakes to speak of. However, the hotel must have been used to the driver because as we arrived outside the main entrance the doormen leapt in front of the car, all hands on the bonnet and brought it to a perfect stop right by the door.

BY 'Middle East' I mean Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, the Gulf Countries, and yes some of the Arab Countries in North-East Africa.

By 'Africa' I mean mostly West and Central Africa.

I don't have much knowledge of the taxi situation is North Africa or South Africa...

Don't know much about East Africa, but having spent 14 years living between Gambia, Mauritania and Senegal I can quite confidently say that most taxi's are old mercs...
M.

EDIT: A quick google found this:
[youtube]InYP3ipZ1X8[/youtube]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom