It's like waiting for a delivery lol (show rooms are just too busy)

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 154425

People must have flooded show rooms. Put deposit down for a new E63S and can't even get a response from any of the sales managers about pickup.

People must be literally throwing cash (or PCP signatures) at dealers right now ...

Apparently yesterday (Monday) was a bonanza day for new and used sales. One dealer saying it was better than the best bank holiday Monday.
Apparently manufacturers are helping to shift dealer stock so factory stock can move downstream.

I bet ... I got an appointment on Saturday but here's hoping they can sort the whole thing in one go - I get there in my car and leave in the new one.

I bet ... I got an appointment on Saturday but here's hoping they can sort the whole thing in one go - I get there in my car and leave in the new one.
If you tell them your plan before you get there it'll focus their minds and they should have the best numbers already calculated. Not to say they won't respond to a walk-away £nudge when your new wheels are sitting there in the sunshine. They gotta sell. Not just profit, they need cash.

Oh they know ... but they clearly cannot keep up ... Funny story - called another dealer today and it made me chuckle

Me: You got an E63S for 100k and 4k miles .. .are those numbers even correct ?
Dealer: As it is 4000 exact miles it will likely have delivery mileage and is a stationary demo
Me: Errr ok, so what is the mileage
Dealer: 57
Me: Still the fact it is pre-reg, warranty started, insurance implications requiring extra gap for first year (*) - anything you can do ?
Dealer: Send me your figures, whilst pre-registered, due to corona we couldn't sell for three months
Me:<explains that corona is not really a valid reason for me to spend 30k+ more compared to other dealers for same spec but 4k miles on it
Dealer <Stops responding>

(*) Dealer didn't know that a lot of insurance companies, if not all (or didn't want to know), only give out a new car for the first year if totalled or stolen if you are the first owner. As dealer is first owner, this doesn't apply so you rely on a gap insurance to cover that - assuming you can find a gap insurance that covers purchase price and doesn't go bust within a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom