It's March 1st tomorrow so it's goodbye to MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, what do you think? What makes your MB special

My first MB was an A Class, imported new from France in 2000.
The feature which amazed me at the time was the rear wiper. With the front wiper on intermittant, switching the rear wiper on it sync'ed with the front, both sweeping at the same time & speed.
OCD or what?

So, I have been with the Audi for a few days now; sadly I haven't had many opportunities to actually drive the car but I am getting to grips with the features.

Overall, the thing that blows me away is the technology:
  • 4G internet connectivity built-in with in-car wireless router
  • Google Earth images as Sat Nav backgrounds and over-the-air map updates (free for the first 3 years)
  • Cylinder deactivation for fuel economy (with active engine mounts and noise-cancellation through the stereo to eliminate residual harshness)
  • Double-glazed front windows

And it seems that everything can be configured to your liking through the Infotainment system. Prefer warmer feet and cooler face? Set up the AC bias to your liking. The list just goes on.

However, I do keep hitting the Cruise Control stalk when I want go to indicate. And I still haven't found a seating position that is just-so yet. Oh, and the boot space is (relatively) small. It's just that crucial amount narrower than the E-class (by about 6cm) but it is also significantly lower and the rear screen is quite steeply raked. That may be an issue given the amount of junk I lug around.

Best of all, though, after ten years, it's great to jump in and smell that brand-new car smell. I don't even know what it is that emits that waft of newness (the plastics? the leather?) but it is a wonderful aroma.

Audi makes great cars. I went through several oil sensors (every service) but other than that I have never had any major issues with my old A4s.
Oh and make sure you get your gearbox serviced regularly (if auto) as VAG boxes aren't the most reliable out there.
Enjoy it. Im jealous :)

...Oh and make sure you get your gearbox serviced regularly (if auto) as VAG boxes aren't the most reliable out there.
Enjoy it. Im jealous :)

It's a proper auto box, thank goodness, not a twin-clutch or CVT, which do seem to have a bit of a reputation for causing problems. And it's made by ZF - but I'll make sure to have the fluid changed. TBH, even Audi don't say this is a "filled-for-life" 'box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom