It's oil over...yuck! - Who you gonna call? Haden Mercedes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbottomend

Car
CLK 320 CDI Sport
On what is usually a lovely 100 mile odd run from down South to Brum last Friday evening the lass started spewing oil...dumped the lot...requiring roadside recovery to Sis, and a nervous night waiting to find out what had happened and how expensive (someone suggested oil coolant seal...that would have been ouch at prob £600 plus)...

Anyhow, on a recommendation called Haden Mercedes in Moseley...spoke to Nasser at 0900 ish Sat morn, and he said to get it there (via my Nationwide Breakdown - that was two recoveries in 24 hours to Sis then garage, plus get travel insurance and accidental damage to e.g. phones etc all for the small-ish monthly fee so can highly recommend Flex Plus - plus they are the only real big mutual left!)

Anyhow, got the car to Haden on first thing Mon A.M. to be warmly greeted by Nasser, and waited again nervously for diagnosis (it also needed a bolt drilled out exhaust side of turbo which was causing a squeal under load)...

What a great bunch of guys!!!

Nasser said they would fit in the work as soon as could (luckily I had three days or so with no need for her)...a real gent!!

Howard called me back bout midday and said he didn't think it was the oil coolant seal due to the way the oil was ejecting so much/fast...would remove turbo and check as thought poss the turbo flange gasket (while off could also do the bolt drill out and replacement). So in end for half what the oild coolant jobbie would have been, all now cured and back to herself. AND! Howard test drove and said he now understands why I love her so much as she drives beautifully...my old gal!

And so in conclusion...Nasser, Howard and the team at Haden..I love you guys for saving my baby and doing so with such good humour and great service! Hats off to you all and don't get too fat on the sugary treats!

If anyone in or around Brum and in need I cannot recommend this bunch enough for an honest job at a sensible price.

I have just realised an error of omission in the above..

Elsewhere have sung praises of PCS in Horndean, and many of you know them well anyway...don't think I need to overdo it...but of course should have said that the fact the car drives so good after now 110 500 (bought at 77 700) is down to three reasons:

1. Had serviced every six Months-ish since purchase.
2. Great work by PCS Horndean
3. As above, great work by Haden.

So, credit where due. Maybe check my latest lovely journey in other thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom