It's on Piston Heads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_33

Car
A160,(W169) previously 300TE - 300CE, E280TE
It's on Piston Heads!!!!

who can be the first to guess what?

Maybe it has been pointed out before on the Forum.........so if it has sorry .I have just not seen it

830051-1.jpg

No not that

it is firmly Merc related - Is that a Merc?.........my appreciation of the marque stopped at the W124 - if so must be a later model

Last edited:
I've seen this one a fwe times over the last week in Richmond (it's at Coys):

Coys : Mercedes-Benz 600

Will

I think the quality of the photographs needs to be higher if asking £35k.
Also why are there only 3 photos added when 9 are allowed.

3 pics are up as from my understanding 6 additional pics is beyond the free service etc etc..

of course its worth £35k... or more.

When something has no price list, you have to base it on everything else.

most CLKs, - crap!
most w124s avail - high miles and high owners - crap
sportlines - far and few between
320 clks - crap build and too common

blah blah.. its like a house, you would sell it at the right price, i love my house and i deeply love this car, but as i have said, if some one wants to enjoy it, they may do so, just buy this car.

most other w124s generally from others just are in common bracket

so thats where I and only I regard this as the best of the best.

I Dont expect you all to agree, but thats fine, as we are all individuals, but if it should sell before 2012, then i think you all should buy me a drink and just "Shut it" (said in a Sir Alan Sugar Accent)

thanks

heres a kiss for all you boys with too much time on their hands - inc you too Bill. mwah (yuk) lol

Hi DV,

Did your favourite "stalker" shoot the video footage... :D

That was a good use of his time... SUPERB! :)

3 pics are up as from my understanding 6 additional pics is beyond the free service etc etc..

I recently advertised my car free on PH and was able to upload 9 photos.

It's a lovely car so I would seriously consider having some professional photographs taken of it. After all, it will be a very small % of the sale price.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
FWIW, I agree that a link to more pictures (like the ones shown on this forum) would be a good idea, help whet the appetite a bit!. Looks like a lovely example, and were I selling it I would be tempted to create a mini-website for it with lots of pictures of the car, close ups, ender neath, service history etc etc. Would be fun to do and the car deserves it.

heres a kiss for all you boys with too much time on their hands - inc you too Bill. mwah (yuk) lol

Boss

It is a very nice car - I have always said that - wish it were mine - and I now quite like the colour.

Any free publicity is worthwhile - that's what I have given you - you should "Thank(s)" me

Your video presentation was good - I did not like the music - it sounded like some kind of World Cup football introduction - but that is only my opinion.
In my view a W124 Cab is not an aggressive car - even with it's Sportsline bits and pieces - it is a gentleman cruiser - and IMHO the music and presentation should reflect that.

As for value - it is worth what someone will pay for it - so that could be anything - I would not disparage your asking price - there is a very limited market at that price - but I can get my Merc enjoyment out of W124s around £2,000 to £3,000

My view is that Mercs ended with the W124 era, old S Classe etc, mid 1990's - never liked the C Classe, and all this modern stuff is just what it is - modern stuff that could be produced by any "quality" manufacturer i.e. Chrysler(?) - so my views are somewhat limited.

Good Luck
(PS remember the Thanks)
(PPS - what does "mwah" mean - remember to be gentle I have a "bus pass" and shocks are not good for me!)

Last edited:
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill_33 For This Useful Post:
Remove Your Thanks The Boss (Today)

;)

Its all good.. thanks...

Drinks on me then i take it lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Bill_33 For This Useful Post:
Remove Your Thanks The Boss (Today)

;)

Its all good.. thanks...

Drinks on me then i take it lol

PS - I should have said that I am a FCA - so have some respect you "part qualified accountant" - or stop making videos and get on with your studies!!!!!!.......I am sure your business interests will be the better for it

Joking apart, If I were you I would keep the car until the next "Boom" - prices are supposed to be depressed these days.

Why do you want to sell it - "the money" - I would not think so judging by your "stable" - or have you seen another one on the Charles Ironside site!!!!!!!

Good luck

I dont really want to sell it, but if i do, ofcourse Im not gonna let her go just like that.

Im a fan of the Bentley Azure and i really want one.. not the newest one, but prob a 99T reg ..

but another forum member said its a nightmare to own... so im a bit in limbo.

As per your previous comments, the new cars are .. well put lightly.. shiit..

and i actually feel no joy in driving around with huge acceleration nor fancy plastic body kits - ie - amg stuff.. its getting a bit tacky today.. Yes true, most envy having the amg kits etc, but im so used to it now, i want to go back to basics.. Certain cars were full of emotion, and im a bloody cancerian lol so i guess these cars affect me..

Id love to buy another w124 cabrio too.. but they want even more money for theirs than i want for mine lol..

for now, just economising on how many cars i have..

a w124 coupe might be on the horizon. I have agreed in part on David Sutherlands car (its for sale on the mercedes owners club)

If mine sells in the next 12 months, and his is available, then I shall have a chat with him about his..

same colour and spec as mine, just not a cabrio :)

I thought I read a previous post whereby the car had a buyer already? Or am I getting confused here.......

Sorry not worth £35k.

Lucky to get £20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom