It's Service Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
And MB want to charge me £69 to change the engine air filter.

If I change the filter myself, how do I stand with maintenance of the service record?

And will it affect Mobilo and so on?

Ask them, that's your best bet.
I asked about other garages servicing my car, the affect on the rust warranty etc and they were quite helpful. They told me that, as long as the car had ben regularly serviced and "mostly" by MB Agents, then there should be no problem with any rust claims I might have within the period of the guarantee - which I think takes me up to March next year. I must check!! (Not that I've had any rust probs).
I can't see it being a prob' if you buy an MB part and fit it yourself - but ask them anyway ...

Last edited:
most will insist they change it for them to be able to stamp the service book.... thats how they make their money!

Cheers for the replies!

I shall message Olly and see how much he charges for an A service.

And call MB Bath and ask their take on the situation...

Thanks!

Yes, check with the dealer. My dealer are happy for me to fit the filter myself (having purchased it from their parts counter) - I just take the receipt in on the day in case I need to refer to it, but it will depend upon their own policy and your relationship with the person you deal with.

Hi Bobby Dazzler :)

You hit the nail on the head!

I talked with them and they only book 12 mins for the job and were more than happy to leave a filter on the passenger seat for me.

In exchange for about £25 of course :)

Wondering how they will react to me changing it beforehand and leaving the old one and a receipt for their perusal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom