ITV HD miss goal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
ITV HD has apologised for cutting to an ad (Hyundai) just before England score their only goal.

HAhahahahahahahaha.

What you mght call an "own goal" by ITV HD :D

Just goes to show that live events and commercial breaks don't go together. Not interested in the football myself :eek:, but thank goodness F1 coverage is back with the BBC.

We noticed the rather obvious missing goal. I believe they switched HD to SD after that interruption.

Just goes to show that live events and commercial breaks don't go together. Not interested in the football myself :eek:, but thank goodness F1 coverage is back with the BBC.

You could always do what they do with baseball in the USA. When they go to an Ad break the live game stops, then they have some crowd participation events shown on the big screen, then when the ad break is over they resume live play. Not sure that would work in Formula 1 though:D

Maybe they should have scheduled more ad breaks in the hope that England scored some more! Sorry to all the england fans but that game was shockingly bad. Although I am welsh through and through I would really like England to do well in this world cup, lets hope they improve on this in future.

You could always do what they do with baseball in the USA. When they go to an Ad break the live game stops, then they have some crowd participation events shown on the big screen, then when the ad break is over they resume live play. Not sure that would work in Formula 1 though:D

Funny you should mention that; when I first saw the story about the missed goal on the BBC website this morning, I wondered how long it would be before the commercial TV companies started to try to dictate that matches should be played in advert-friendly segments rather than two 45-minute halves. Just think if the digital stations had a say in things: the teams would be playing for 10-15 minutes then resting for 5. Game of six halves, anyone? :devil:

HD "See it in incredible detail" :thumb:

Maybe they should have scheduled more ad breaks in the hope that England scored some more! Sorry to all the england fans but that game was shockingly bad. Although I am welsh through and through I would really like England to do well in this world cup, lets hope they improve on this in future.

Do remember we drew, we didn't lose remember that.
I read it was human error. :doh:

I heard somewhere that there is a penalty clause in the advertiser's contract with ITV, and that ITV will have to pay a penalty payment to the advertiser for adverse advertising :doh:

I think the best description of baseball I've heard is

"Two minutes of action crammed into three hours"

Surely the best for solution is for ITV to show only the goals and have advertising all the rest of the time. It'd make it much more interesting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom