I've been screwed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I haven't been following this thread in detail, has the OP taken proper legal advice?

By that I do not mean copied extracts of legal information posted here however well meaning?

I haven't been following this thread in detail, has the OP taken proper legal advice?

By that I do not mean copied extracts of legal information posted here however well meaning?
DSM yes I have been to two solicitors. The one I put my official cheeky bid in with has suggested I should now put in a bid of £155,000 and the second thought it would be difficult. By that I would expect expensive if I lose. If it had not been for this bloody covid I could have spoken to those involved face to face. So the way I see it is either shut up and stump up. Or ask if they will stay with the original price of the first houses sold £140,000

You can make them an offer in writing pointing out your long term residency (and presumably contributing to the upkeep of the property over those years?) plus the fact that you are in a position to move quickly on the sale with no chain.

They can accept, reject or negotiate?

Whatever the outcome I hope you find a resolution that allows you to enjoy your retirement.

DSM yes I have been to two solicitors. The one I put my official cheeky bid in with has suggested I should now put in a bid of £155,000 and the second thought it would be difficult. By that I would expect expensive if I lose. If it had not been for this bloody covid I could have spoken to those involved face to face. So the way I see it is either shut up and stump up. Or ask if they will stay with the original price of the first houses sold £140,000
What’s the worst they could say or do if you asked if they’d accept £140,000? At the worst, I suspect the answer could be “No”. If you have nothing to lose by asking, why not just offer that and get yourself settled?

The saga is over. Received confirmation my final offer has been accepted. Rather than the inflated price of the last house for sale £155,000 I got it for around the price of the first sale (a year and a half ago) of the eight houses £140,000. Not the cheeky offer I was told to put in. But I'll take it.

A good result and now you can move on and enjoy it!

In todays market that sounds like a v good result.
Your quids in already.

The saga is over. Received confirmation my final offer has been accepted. Rather than the inflated price of the last house for sale £155,000 I got it for around the price of the first sale (a year and a half ago) of the eight houses £140,000. Not the cheeky offer I was told to put in. But I'll take it.
Whilst more expensive than you hoped, you paid at least 10% less than market value, and you can stay in your home, which seems like a good result to me - I hope you can put it behind you now and Donny let it tarnish your home. All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom