I've gone and bought the fastest BMW in the world!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schuey

Car
BMW M4 Comp Pack, BMW S1000RR
Hi All,

I've gone to the darkside, but in bike terms!!

Bought a brand new BMW S1000RR. 193bhp Rocket!

Won't get much riding in this year, can't wait for next year when the weather picks up so I can have some fun. First 600 miles it's restricted to 9k rpm only, then after 1st service all the way up to 14k rpm.

Negiotiated a BMW Track Day for next year also at Silverstone where you get 1-2-1 tuition from ex-professional racers on track to use the bike to its full potential.

Has 4 riding modes, Rain, Sport, Race and Slick. ABS, DTC and Heated Grips. Of course there is the option to switch off rider aids.

Haven't taken any decent pics yet, but this is what it looks like:

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/12-BMW-s1000rr-108.jpg

My Xmas present, treated myself!! :thumb:

Last edited:
Indicators optional ? :)

Lovely looking machine - congratulations !

It does look nice,congratulations

Currently ride a CBR1000RR and the next bike on the list is either:

• S1000RR
A friend has the BMW and whilst the Fireblade is fast, the BMW just pulls away every single time.

Great choice, congratulations.........roll on the summer :thumb:

Tiz the only bike I'd be tempted back for after selling my Blade, trouble is I want an AMG more!

:dk:

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you all like it. :)

I just feel like staying in the garage now looking at the bike, wife might get annoyed though :D

Can't wait for better weather, got a few months yet however!!

Schuey said:
Hi All,

I've gone to the darkside, but in bike terms!!

Bought a brand new BMW S1000RR. 193bhp Rocket!

Won't get much riding in this year, can't wait for next year when the weather picks up so I can have some fun. First 600 miles it's restricted to 9k rpm only, then after 1st service all the way up to 14k rpm.

Negiotiated a BMW Track Day for next year also at Silverstone where you get 1-2-1 tuition from ex-professional racers on track to use the bike to its full potential.

Has 4 riding modes, Rain, Sport, Race and Slick. ABS, DTC and Heated Grips. Of course there is the option to switch off rider aids.

Haven't taken any decent pics yet, but this is what it looks like:

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/12-BMW-s1000rr-108.jpg

My Xmas present, treated myself!! :thumb:

Awesome, what a tool. Ride safe.

Currently ride a CBR1000RR and the next bike on the list is either:

• S1000RR
A friend has the BMW and whilst the Fireblade is fast, the BMW just pulls away every single time.

Great choice, congratulations.........roll on the summer :thumb:

Hey T5R,

Thanks. Yeah my Fireblade is no slouch, is the 2006 model and I rode the 2012 model CBR1000RR Fireblade couple months back and I felt no real power difference over my 2006. Honda have just sharped the handling and made it more compact.

When I jumped on the BMW S1000RR however, it was another level :eek: The wow factor, it's just an animal in comparison.

Can't wait to start using it properly, the BMW Track day will be good I'm sure. I've done a few track days before such as Ron Haslam Racing Academy and open Track days at Donington. But to have training on the S1000RR 1-2-1 with ex-racers sounds brilliant. And Silverstone is a very technical track.

Last edited:
Very nice! Ive spoken to a few folk who have had a shot of the RR, apparently the torque is phenomenal. Build quality looks awesome on them aswell, enjoy and stay safe! :) keep us updated with it.

Out of curiosity why did you not wait for the 13 Reg in March being as it'll be unusable till around then?

Beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom