I've got that sinking feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

camerafodder

MB Enthusiast
Car
VW Touareg R-line Tech, Toyota IQ2
S211 2005 with self levelling suspension on the rear.

On Friday I noticed the back of my car was sitting lower than normal with the wheels up inside the arches. The nearside is worse than the off-side.

When the engine is running, the car levels but then randomly drops and re-levels (makes me feel all gangsta innit!). When parked, the back will sink sometimes within a few minutes and at other times certainly within an hour.

I'm quite practical but just wondered if the collective could add anything before I start. I'm guessing that there is a leak in the pneumatic system somewhere and I'm just interested to learn about any common points of failure.

Thank you :)

It's the alloys, you need to swap them for 16" Avantgarde wheels.

And as it happens.....

Obviously check the rear dampers.

Aw thanks Guys, particularly Lee for that incisive diagnosis :rolleyes: I'll run outside with my tape measure straight away. :)

The randomness suggests it might be a switch playing up rather than one of the units which you might suppose would fail but not on an intermittent basis. Not that I know for sure but following this with interest.

Self leveling systems have a level control valve front and rear, mounted on the chassis. It could well be this that is playing up and should show up on STAR.

No me, sorry. Head under the bonnet of a 107 in rainy Bathgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom