I've got wood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RaceDiagnostics

Car
450SL XK8
But the colour is not quite right.

Has enyone had any experience in changing the shade of the wood in the car. I want to take it to the same as the new shift knob.

woody.jpg

Mr TV (malcolm) did this on his new shape SL over the complete wood trim you maybe able to google it?

It looked great when done.

The knob is walnut , the dash is zebrano , will it ever look the same ?

Easier to buy a zebrano knob surely ?

I wondered what this thread was about when I first saw it!:D

Later 107's had walnut , you might get a set of wood from a later car being broken ?

I would try to get the gearknob coloured/changed to match the rest of the wood, unless you are unhappy with the zabrano.

I assume SLC came with burl wood so you may be able to easily find one from a breaker, as Derek says above many SLs had burl wood, mine included.

Maybe you might be able to do a trade with someone else who has walnut and wants zebrano. thats not a hint though; i like my burl :)

I love the lipstick red interior! Must admit personally I think it would be enhanced if all the zebrano was replaced by walnut......

clearly this is in need of a sleek modern vinyl carbon sticker job :)

:ban:

I found some new veneer kits for a few hundred dollars on ebay but am not sure about them, so its not going to get to the top of the to do list for a while, so in the meantine I got busy with a pot of £5 coloured varnish. Not perfect but it will do till I can find some veneer in a breaker in the UK.
new%20wood.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom