I've had accident on NYE!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abdulclk230

Car
CLK 230 Avantgarde Cab
While parked, ready to go home @ 3am, some muppet hit my car. Luckly managed him my front wheel and bounced off, avoding any body contact.

The guy admited his fault and gave details of his rental car details. Contacted them directly, but they said the guy needs to confirm the incident when he brings the car in. I registered my side of the story with their claims dept.

Am worried that he might not say anything about the incident as there was no damage to his car (it was jsut wheel-to-wheel conatct). Told my insurance company as well but I only have third party cover, so they'll just help me if this becomes a legal matter. They are also trying to get hold of the rental compnay to take ownership of the incident but gtting passed around!

MB garage have assesed the damage and quoted roughly 1k to fix teh problem! :mad:

Any advice?

If this was a slow speed impact he would have been better off hitting the body, the panels are easy replaced and the load is transmitted to the shell (dis-regard this for higher speeds).

By hitting the wheel all the connecting components where highly stressed in ways they are not designed to handle, hence your bill.

Sorry to hear about it mate.

Thx.

Unfortunately, it was at a resonable speed, hence the extent of the damage.

While parked, ready to go home @ 3am, some muppet hit my car. Luckly managed him my front wheel and bounced off, avoding any body contact.

The guy admited his fault and gave details of his rental car details. Contacted them directly, but they said the guy needs to confirm the incident when he brings the car in. I registered my side of the story with their claims dept.

Am worried that he might not say anything about the incident as there was no damage to his car (it was jsut wheel-to-wheel conatct). Told my insurance company as well but I only have third party cover, so they'll just help me if this becomes a legal matter. They are also trying to get hold of the rental compnay to take ownership of the incident but gtting passed around!

MB garage have assesed the damage and quoted roughly 1k to fix teh problem! :mad:

Any advice?

Bad luck, :( - but I suppose it could have been worse

There seems to be no reason why you should not try and push them - you were parked, and assuming you were safely parked, the responsibility is entirely his/theirs.

I assume your car is not safe to drive. :(

You haven't mentioned how long the guy has rented for - could be 2 weeks...

If you need a car, ring them and tell them you are fed up of waiting, and are going to hire an equivalent to your own, and charge it to them. They'll say you can't, but they can't stop you.

Tell them you can bear the cost until the claim is resolved, and that you are so confident that they will have to pay, you're going to go ahead anyway.

Once they believe their costs are in danger of escalating, you should see some movement.

Good luck. :)

You could also try an accident management company - they make money by supplying hire cars and charigng the cost back to the other side together with other fees.

I've had to threaten this in the past when some clown scraped the side of my E class. I dealt direct with their hire company who were trying to make me use their repairers and give me a Micra. At the threat of the Accident Management Company they hired me an e class and had the car repaired at the MB approved body shop.

David.

I'm currently using Accident Exchange for the second time, this time for the Verso, which was hit while parked. Zafira as a rental, no paperwork other than to hand over the claim to them and no hassle. Car collected and delivered.

While the E class was being repaired I had a rented E280cdi for 3 months (and a CLS320cdi for 2 weeks), and all repairs done at a merc bodyshop.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I may get my car today, unfortunately the renatl company is still messing around, although my insurance company are still chasing them up.

jsut an update, i jsut got my cheque for the full amount i spent for repair. of course not for the wasted time i spent chasing Hetrz - suck big time!

All's well that ends well....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom