I've had enough, I'm leaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes but with an engine output of 215hp and a kerb weight of 1910kg, I still don't see how you can say it is underpowered compared to yours.

It must be it loses hands down on acceleration and 10mph on top speed???:crazy: ;)

Mine is 224bhp and 1815kg by the way.Technically it is the SAME engine??:)

I wonder what the mid range accelleration figures are for each model, 300, 211, Cls.

Its a sad day that the E55 had to go, given the funds I would most certainly have had it. However I sit here in even greater sadness now that Greame is getting the pimp mobile. :devil: Scumbag had one, not for long though. Fear not readers, Greame will be back amongst us soon :D:devil:

Ive always thought the 300C has more than a passing similarity to the old Rover Coupe..................

So does Honest John

You should chip back up to the correct power though.....

Enjoy it, just don't worry about all the plastic - It will fall off anyway. I think you can fit better suspention (W210) parts to them.....

One of the worst cars ever (Nissan Maxima is the other total crap car).
You will regret the change with every mile you drive!!

Well I had one for a week, and it was one hell of a week. I was afraid the person, that gave it to me wouldn't take back anymore, and I would be stuck with it for the rest of my life (sleepless nights I had).

Best of luck with it!

I don't think that they are a bad car, I considered one last year and even went as far as test driving a new one. What put me off:

Cost new £27k and no discount when I had a p/ex.

It is huge but I'm sure that I'd get used to it, do lots of motorway miles and would be OK

Will be £510 VED in a couple of years!

Not sure that it wouldn't be a bit bling for work, would my contacts think the Sopranos had arrived?

On the plus side, it was VERY comfortable, the leather was superb and it had loads of room inside. Massive boot. It goes OK and not too bad on fuel.

In the end I decided against it for the reasons above but mainly due to the price and the fact that it would depreciate rapidly, however, I would reconsider a used one when they are less than £10k which shouldn't be long now.

Speaking of older large cars dropping in value due, largely, to the VED situation. I wonder if it's worth buying a big car now on the chance that the government MIGHT do a u-turn on the VED pricing? A bit of a gamble or just me talking myself into a big old gas guzzler?

It must be it loses hands down on acceleration and 10mph on top speed???:crazy: ;)

Mine is 224bhp and 1815kg by the way.Technically it is the SAME engine??:)

Yes but you used to have a W211 320CDI with 204hp and I don't recall that many posts from you claiming it was very underpowered.:devil:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sold on the Chrysler but I don't see it as an under engined weakling either.:)

I'm saying nothing!;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y7xOkVH4rU&NR=1

Edit: Which really means NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hehe.

Judging from the comments there you're going to have to take a crash course in Ghetto-ese so you can converse knowledgeably about the various levels of sickness of dat fly, sweet bitch when you're hanging with other 300 owning dawgs.

Is that form of communication mandatory on the Chrysler forums?

Speaking of older large cars dropping in value due, largely, to the VED situation. I wonder if it's worth buying a big car now on the chance that the government MIGHT do a u-turn on the VED pricing? A bit of a gamble or just me talking myself into a big old gas guzzler?

I think we might speculate about the impact the new VED regime will have on post-2001 cars but feel that the real reason prices on larger cars are dropping is linked much more to fuel prices and servicing costs.

The VED revisions will add c£200 to the annual cost of 'road tax'. Assuming a three year ownership, we might be talking £600 (less inflation) over the whole ownership. It seems like some bigger cars have been losing more than that every MONTH over the last 6-9 months. It is a totally disproportionate response.

I think a fair portion of the country is feeling a bit of pinch in the wallet. Taking the higher cost of servicing/repairing large/premium cars together with the heavy uplift in fuel cost PLUS a reduction in fuel economy from a large car is just too much to take on at the moment.

So, IMHO, whilst the VED changes 'contribute' to the overall increase in the costs associated with owning a car, I feel that they are very much a minor issue therein.

The plastic is there for a very good reason: impact protection for heavy folks who do not believe in seatbelts or airbags. If manufacturers could find pretty plastics that would perform the same function they would use them.

No punches being pulled on this thread, eh!!??

It may not be everyone's first choice - but I say if you like Gra, go for it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom