I've had enough, I'm leaving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good luck with the new car Grav. I think they are lovely cars and great value for money.

I've decided never to post details of other cars / marques that I own on the forum as reaction is rarely positive - and then I end up being unecessarily defensive.

Go for it and enjoy and thank you for your input on this forum.

They are head turners to be sure and alot of metal for your pound. But whether its a wise move to follow MB ownwership with an American Budget Buy is debatable. Time will tell.
I would be most interested to read your views and opinions as time goes on. Please keep us posted and I hope its all positive............

we had a chrysler 300c diesel touring for 12 months - found it to be just the job for what we wanted - a comfortable easy to drive motorway cruiser that could accomodate loads of luggage . very smooth ride - leather is a bit cheap looking & interior is a bit plasticy , but we found that it was a head turner - not that many around really. Wifey loved the car & would have another , so enjoy it for what it is - its still a lot of car for the money - but not as good as a merc. You'll be back :)

I got rid of one in March mine was the 5.7 Hemi V8 version. I found build quality to be OK much in the way it is OK in a Hyundai for example it is not anywhere near that of a new E but I have to say in all honesty I paid £24.5K OTR for the thing new sold it a year later for £22K was thrilled not one thing broke fell off or rattled squeaked or groaned. it never failed to turn heads, I went with the grey to be different! and if it were not for personal circumstances at that time it would still be with me.

The list price on the Hemi is £34.5K but with some "friendly haggling" I paid only £24,685 (ish) OTR that was the key
I did my homework plus the car I was buying was the showroom car built 16 months before but still with no miles.

I personally like them, and have often thought about swapping the E320cdi for a CRD. The look far more imposing than the E class, IMO the E-class is getting rather 'common' (and yes I own one). Its great for what it is, and used they are amazing value for money. Good luck with it!

I like them, I was debating on one but the rear legroom wasn't the best. After I got my S500L I find that my clients do prefer & know the S-Class (I use mine for Chauffeur work).
I was picking up some Executives from Toyota Australia with an other driver with a new C300 & he was saying how he liked it better than his E-Class, we took the clients to the cars & the two getting in the C300 said to his colleagues "how come you get the Benz & we have this". I did feel bad about that in front of the other driver, but at the end of the day the S-Class is known the world over as a luxury car.The C300 would have been a better everyday car, (Hate to say my other car is a Rover 75 Diesel (BMW) Auto, chipped to 160 + & I think that is a good everyday car, nippy & not to bad on fuel)

I hate to admit it, but I did have a long moment of madness yesterday when my brain started to go down the "they dont ACTUALLY look half bad - and they are quite affordable" route. I started looking at websites and the diesel with an emission figure of 215 gmco2/km is slightly less than my present C200K. So not in the top VED tax band either. Things starting to stack up. Not too worried about performance, providing its "adequate". Fuel consumption seemed acceptable - actually quite good for such a large imposing car.
Then lunchtime, out walking, outside my office in Holborn there was a 300C in front of new E class in traffic.
And that was it.

Back to Mercedes.

Might be a nice motorway cruiser.............but..............wouldn't like to drive one down a country lane....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom