I've just joined the 210 club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michaelk3289

Car
2007 W211 E280 CDI Avantgarde
Hello All.

It's been been a while since I used the forum as I should. That's because I sold my s124 and ended up buying other temporary cars that were not Mercs

I picked up a 99 e240 Avantgarde from a forum member last night, it's in with Wright tech in Sidcup have have a look over.

It's got some rust and needs a major b service but has good spec and good history (last service missing)

Spec includes

Electric memory front seats
Electric steering column
Electric folding memory wing mirrors
Auto wiper
Cruise
6 x Cd in boot

There may be 1 or 2 others but these seem to be the main ones

I will get some pics up when I can

here are the photos from the forum members classified ad

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-rknggf/

the rust on the near side rear arch is worse that it looks in the photos

the car is very straight, needs some big money spening on it though, going in for a major b service, gearbox oil is going to be looked at as the previous eowne didnt have it serviced, i believe MB say sealed for life however i have been told they had issues with them so they then suggested service every 30 or 40k

Hello all, you may have seen my other post about new car (new to me)

it needs some money spending on it

one of my main gripes with the car is a faulty electric wing mirror

the passenger wing mirror will not adjust electronically, interesting it will fold in electronically so it must be the motor behind the mirror which has failed

can i replace this or do i need to buy the whole wing mirror, is it a special mirror as it has memory?

regards

If neither of the electric mirror adjustments work, I would have thought that would mean TWO motors had failed - up/down and left/right. In that case, it is more likely to be an electrical/wiring issue. The memory function is performed by the electronics; the mirror is standard.

Mirror loom is most likely at fault, common problem.

Yes - it's the loom into the individual mirror that breaks, not the main loom (normally)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom