I've moved......... and bought another C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimGreen

Car
2012 Audi R8 V10 + 2017 Mini Cooper (John Cooper Works) + 2015 Honda Fireblade
Well, after leaving Yorkshire at the tender age of 17 to join the Royal Navy and then settling in Portsmouth after leaving the navy, time flew by and I ended up remaining in Portsmouth for a total of forty years.

Deciding it was time for a move back north and seeing how much more I could get for my money (Property), I took the plunge with my girlfriend and moved back to East Yorkshire about eight weeks ago.

New Job, New House, and yesterday i traded in my 2012 (62 plate) C63 AMG for one of the last W204 C63 AMG's with 10k on the clock from new. Low mileage W204's are starting to get harder to find, so I was over the moon when I saw this one come up, low mileage, right colour, right interior and one of the last. I got a really good price for mine and considering that the replacement was being sold by a MB Main Dealer, I was happy with the price they were selling it for, including a two year warranty. Car appears to have been garaged all it's life as looks like new on the underside and bodywork is as new. Very happy, now just got to wait until mid week to collect it. Really must tidy up the garage for it's new occupant..... LOL.

Looking forward to meeting up with some members in the Hull area.

Last edited:
Saying goodbye to the old..........

And Hello to the new........... Anyone know the car....... (Typical MB Main Dealer crappy picture)

Just love the W204

Last edited:
Welcome home Jim
Great looking car, I'm just the other side of the bridge from you in N Lincs but originally from Leeds. A few of us meet up quite often for Breakfast and also Curry nights and travel around the midlands,Yorkshire,Lancashire doing so. We had a great breakfast in Derbyshire yesterday.... your more than welcome to tag along if you fancy it.
Have a look in the events section

Lee

Nice story - changing from a 62plate to a 63 plate - both facelift cars right? Other than the colour what is the spec difference?

6.2 v8 glory! Both look great.

There's no place like home Jim, hope you're settling back into the warm weather and free petrol voucher every Yorkshireman receives on their repatriation.

Welcome home Jim
Great looking car, I'm just the other side of the bridge from you in N Lincs but originally from Leeds. A few of us meet up quite often for Breakfast and also Curry nights and travel around the midlands,Yorkshire,Lancashire doing so. We had a great breakfast in Derbyshire yesterday.... your more than welcome to tag along if you fancy it.
Have a look in the events section

Lee

Excellent, do like a good curry too. :thumb::thumb:

Nice story - changing from a 62plate to a 63 plate - both facelift cars right? Other than the colour what is the spec difference?

Pretty much both the same spec........ My Silver 62 plate was creeping up to the 40k mileage mark and although she ran superb and had a full MB service history, i just fancied a change.

After a month of contemplating my options and having a few test drivers (BMW M5 and M3 V8) nothing gave the same pleasure as the C63 AMG, so I made the decision to look for a late W204 model, with low mileage and stick with what I knew and enjoyed.

Call me "Old Fashioned" ........ I don't care.

Last edited:
No...... Dealership have taken it in PX.

Still in my garage at the moment till my replacement is ready for collection

Welcome home. :)

Looks great. May i ask if it was decent sum to trade up? Pm if you prefer.

So you moved back to East Yorkshire... I was wondering why you been so quiet from the meet scene down south and also in the forum.

Good luck and well done for staying true with the W204 V8s!

So you moved back to East Yorkshire... I was wondering why you been so quiet from the meet scene down south and also in the forum.

Good luck and well done for staying true with the W204 V8s!

Sirius my old friend, I was so busy towards the end of summer as my new house was completed and I was getting ready to move, I never seemed to have a spare moment and the car spent most of autumn in the garage under her cover.

I'm now in the new house and settled in nicely and decided it was time for a change. After lots of head scratching I decided to stick with the classic C63, as the extra cost for the new model, I just couldn't justify as for me this is my toy, not a necessity as I have a company car. So...... I after not too much searching I found the white 63 plate with just 10k on the clock from new and an obviously well cared for car and took the plunge.

If you ever venture to Yorkshire it would be great to catch up.

Did you have the Quaife LSD on your car ??????

Take care and keep in touch

Jim

New House, all finished...........

The all important Man Cave, this was just before it was finished.

Jim

Looks great. May i ask if it was decent sum to trade up? Pm if you prefer.

I would be interested as well if you don't mind as I'm currently thinking about what to do with my 13 plate.

Congrats!

Amazing. I thought I recognised the house!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom